Noob question about using MATLAB

In summary, MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for numerical computation, data analysis, and visualization. It is commonly used in scientific and engineering fields and can be accessed through a purchased license or through a university or institution. Data can be input into MATLAB manually, imported from external sources, or generated using built-in functions. Some common commands and functions in MATLAB include plot(), disp(), for and while loops, and if/else statements. To improve skills in using MATLAB, regular practice, exploration of features, and seeking guidance from experienced users or joining user communities are recommended.
mape
so, i have this little problem

can anyone tell me to put this transfer function in matlab?

T(s)=(s^4 + 2s^3 -13s^2 -38 -24)/(s(s^4 + 6s^3 -5s^2 -42s + 40))

i really new to matlab:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want to use Matlabs transfer function capabilities (step(), etc.):

>> T = tf([1,2,-13,0,-38-24],[1,6,-5,-42,14,0])

this is for a contuninuous time transfer finction like the one you showed, it is slightly different for DT.

>> help tf

1. What is MATLAB and what is it used for?

MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for numerical computation, data analysis, and visualization. It is commonly used in scientific and engineering fields for tasks such as solving equations, creating plots and graphs, and developing algorithms.

2. How do I get started with using MATLAB?

To begin using MATLAB, you will need to have the software installed on your computer. You can purchase a license or access it through a university or institution. Once installed, you can open the program and start writing code or using the graphical user interface to perform tasks.

3. How do I input data into MATLAB?

There are several ways to input data into MATLAB. You can manually enter data into arrays or matrices using the command window or use functions to import data from external sources such as text files or spreadsheets. You can also generate data using built-in functions and algorithms.

4. What are some common commands and functions used in MATLAB?

Some common commands and functions in MATLAB include plot() for creating graphs, disp() for displaying output, for and while loops for repetitive tasks, and if/else statements for conditional operations. There are also many built-in functions for mathematical operations, data analysis, and visualization.

5. How can I improve my skills in using MATLAB?

One of the best ways to improve your skills in using MATLAB is to practice regularly and explore its various features and functions. You can also take online courses or tutorials, attend workshops or seminars, and read books or documentation on the program. Additionally, seeking guidance from experienced users or joining MATLAB user communities can also be helpful in improving your skills.