Reactants of CO2: NaOH & H2CO3 |Chemical Reactions

In summary, the conversation discusses the reactions of CO2 gas with different elements and compounds. The summary also includes a reminder to not edit posts drastically and the suggestion to break reagents into their ionic parts for easier understanding of acid-base reactions.
rajavarshney
I want to ask that which element can react with CO2 gas to split c and o or what will happen if NaOH reacts with h2co3 NaOH+H2CO3---> 2CH3COONa+2H2O+5O2 IS IT CORRECT?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
rajavarshney said:
I want to ask that which element can react with CO2 gas to split c and o or what will happen if HNO3 reacts with h2co3

1) CO2+A---> ?
2) HNO3+H2CO3---> ?
Hi rajavarshney.

I doubt that anyone here is going to provide you with the answers to your homework. You should be able to answer the first by a google search and some easy reading, or I think you will find it in most high school science textbooks in the section on CO2 chemistry.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
rajavarshney said:
I want to ask that which element can react with CO2 gas to split c and o or what will happen if NaOH reacts with h2co3

NaOH+H2CO3---> 2CH3COONa+2H2O+5O2 IS IT CORRECT?
Physicsforums frowns on users editing their original post so drastically that it becomes a new & different question. I recommend that you never do that again.

To help in deducing how acid-base reactions may proceed, it will help you immensely if you first break the reagents into their ionic parts:

Na+ + OH + H+ + CO3= ⟶ ...

In these reactions, it is almost always the simplest looking re-arrangement that you should try for.

BTW, the compound CH3COONa is named sodium acetate.

I hope you enjoy your study of chemistry as much as I did!

1. What are the reactants of CO2: NaOH & H2CO3?

The reactants of CO2: NaOH & H2CO3 are sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and carbonic acid (H2CO3).

2. What is the chemical formula for sodium hydroxide?

The chemical formula for sodium hydroxide is NaOH.

3. What is the chemical formula for carbonic acid?

The chemical formula for carbonic acid is H2CO3.

4. What type of chemical reaction occurs between NaOH & H2CO3?

The reaction between NaOH & H2CO3 is a neutralization reaction, where an acid (H2CO3) and a base (NaOH) combine to form a salt (Na2CO3) and water (H2O).

5. What are the products of the reaction between NaOH & H2CO3?

The products of the reaction between NaOH & H2CO3 are sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) and water (H2O).