Rhody isn't banned, it's a glitch

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody's account hasn't been banned, it's just a glitch. He is hoping it will be fixed soon.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I just want to assure everyone that Rhody has not been banned, it's a glitch caused by an update he tried to make to his profile. We're hoping it will be fixed soon.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm, sounds fishy to me.

I know you like banning people in chat, but that behaviour should stop there :wink:.

Worst cover up attempt ever. :uhh:

jarednjames said:
Hmm, sounds fishy to me.

I know you like banning people in chat, but that behaviour should stop there :wink:.

Worst cover up attempt ever. :uhh:
Honestly, I wasn't playing with the ban gun. I was no where near Rhody went it went off.

Really. :blushing: o:)

Evo said:
Honestly, I wasn't playing with the ban gun. I was no where near Rhody went it went off.

Really. :blushing: o:)

That's good. It would be a terrible if Rhody was told to hit the road. :tongue:

Borg said:
That's good. It would be a terrible if Rhody was told to hit the road. :tongue:
At least hope he's wearing his race leathers with the webbed fingers.

Evo said:
I just want to assure everyone that Rhody has not been banned, it's a glitch caused by an update he tried to make to his profile. We're hoping it will be fixed soon.
I love a good software glitch. It would be interesting to see how that happened.

Thanks for letting us know, Evo.

Borg said:
I love a good software glitch. It would be interesting to see how that happened.

It is not clear where the problem is, but it is not the first time something like that happens. When you change the email address you have to confirm it clicking on the link that is sent to you. If the email gets lost you end up with a locked account as he did. Sometimes it is just an email that landed in junk folder as filters classified it as a spam.

Looks like it is happening more frequently lately, we are not sure if the problem lies within PF or if it is external.

Could be there is something more in the Rhody's case. We don't know yet.

Borek said:
It is not clear where the problem is

The problem is Evo being given a ban gun.

Does he have a temporary sock puppet?

lisab said:
Does he have a temporary sock puppet?
I was just thinking that since this may not be fixed quickly, he should set up a sockpuppet.

Evo said:
I was just thinking that since this may not be fixed quickly, he should set up a sockpuppet.

Can you not just unban him or resend the email?

I never see the point in sock puppets for these matters, nobody knows who you are and when your account comes back you lose everything posted with it.

jarednjames said:
Can you not just unban him or resend the email?
He's not banned, it's that his status is unregistered. Only an admin can reset him and Greg is unavailable and chroot hasn't responded, so we just have to wait for one of them.

If we had the old system of a banned member with a line through his name, he wouldn't have a line, he'd just look greyed out.

I never see the point in sock puppets for these matters, nobody knows who you are and when your account comes back you lose everything posted with it.
I think Rhody. would work as far as being recognized, it would at least let him post so he doesn't feel cut off.

Evo said:
I think Rhody. would work as far as being recognized, it would at least let him post so he doesn't feel cut off.

Hmm, going cold turkey could certainly prove problematic.

Borek said:
It is not clear where the problem is, but it is not the first time something like that happens. When you change the email address you have to confirm it clicking on the link that is sent to you. If the email gets lost you end up with a locked account as he did. Sometimes it is just an email that landed in junk folder as filters classified it as a spam.

Looks like it is happening more frequently lately, we are not sure if the problem lies within PF or if it is external.

Could be there is something more in the Rhody's case. We don't know yet.

That sounds like more of a security feature to keep the accounts from getting hijacked. I'm assuming that the email goes to the old account. Of course that's a problem if your email account changed months ago and you no longer have access to it.

Rhody!

From Rhody, where ever his soul may be trapped...

I am not cut off ! Hehe, you or any mentor can post this and be my virtual sock puppet, that's me thinking outside of the box again, I figure if I annoy you with enough of these "report post" messages Greg will figure a way around the problem, since according to Borek it happens from time to time. Now, someone who reads this, please post it in, "Rhody isn't banned, it's a glitch". Ready, set, go ! Oh no, now I am banned !

Rhody... grrr...

I figure if I annoy you with enough of these "report post" messages Greg will figure a way around the problem

This is a risky idea. We already figured out a way around annoying users :devil:

I have email contact with Rhody, but it's not the same as actual forum access. Withdrawal sucks.

He is back.

Ah, yes! I see him now. Very recently, he was in faint font. WB, rhody!

turbo-1 said:
Ah, yes! I see him now. Very recently, he was in faint font. WB, rhody!

Thanks, Evo, Borek, turbo, Borg, jaredhjames, Pengy, fuzzy, and lisab, it is nice to know someone cares and that they can work as a team to solve problems and have a little fun at the same time.
Now, let's solve some really big problems, like say, keeping the government from shutting down this Friday, ehhh ??!

turbo,

Looks like the bike will be done on Thurs so I will take some pics, try my best at HD video and see what happens, remember that old Rolling Stones song... "You can't always get what you want... hum it with me, ... you get what you need... ahhh"

Rhody... :devil: :uhh: :wink:

Last edited:
YAY!, Rhody is back!

Yay!

rhody said:
turbo,

Looks like the bike will be done on Thurs so I will take some pics, try my best at HD video and see what happens, remember that old Rolling Stones song... "You can't always get what you want... hum it with me, ... you get what you need... ahhh"

Rhody... :devil: :uhh: :wink:
Good luck on getting exactly what you want rhody. I did my baby with custom-looking non H-D parts. When the biker gang came up for a summer vacation from Quincey/Brockton and surrounding areas, they ragged on their friend relentlessly for selling me that Wide Glide, because he couldn't see the potential in performance and cosmetics. They were bored to tears by that new dresser that he was so proud of, and they let him know it. :devil: No pity from that group!

turbo-1 said:
Good luck on getting exactly what you want rhody. I did my baby with custom-looking non H-D parts. When the biker gang came up for a summer vacation from Quincey/Brockton and surrounding areas, they ragged on their friend relentlessly for selling me that Wide Glide, because he couldn't see the potential in performance and cosmetics. They were bored to tears by that new dresser that he was so proud of, and they let him know it. :devil: No pity from that group!

Turbo,

All I have to say to that is... I didn't do the bike the way I did for anyone else on this planet except for me :wink:, I have been wanting to do this since I was 16, no person, no bad economy, no natural disaster or anything else is going to keep me from it. If others like it, that's fine, if not, that's fine too, because as I drive down the road with a big grin on my face, it will all have been worth it in the end.

Rhody...

Evo said:
YAY!, Rhody is back!

lisab said:
Yay!

Triple yay!

Evo said:
YAY!, Rhody is back!

lisab said:
Yay!

dlgoff said:
Triple yay!

Heck,

I didn't know dlgoff liked me, must be a secret admirer, well, I guess I do now... hehe

Rhody... :!)

rhody said:
Turbo,

All I have to say to that is... I didn't do the bike the way I did for anyone else on this planet except for me :wink:, I have been wanting to do this since I was 16, no person, no bad economy, no natural disaster or anything else is going to keep me from it. If others like it, that's fine, if not, that's fine too, because as I drive down the road with a big grin on my face, it will all have been worth it in the end.

Rhody...
I figured that, rhody. I stripped that Wide Glide of "bling" soon after I bought it and spent a few grand and lots of sweat and hours making it come out my way WRT performance and appearance. I was gratified that my friend's old Mass buddies appreciated my efforts, and wanted me to select our tour routes and lead the way on our rides. Kind of a crusty bunch, but easy to warm up to. They wanted me and my wife to come to the Brockton area to spend a weekend or two. I was tempted (home of Perewitz - a friend of one of the group's senior members), but only if I went alone. There's no way that I would get within 75 miles of Boston with my wife on the back. Crazy people down there. No sense in both of us dying.

turbo-1 said:
I figured that, rhody. I stripped that Wide Glide of "bling" soon after I bought it and spent a few grand and lots of sweat and hours making it come out my way WRT performance and appearance. I was gratified that my friend's old Mass buddies appreciated my efforts, and wanted me to select our tour routes and lead the way on our rides. Kind of a crusty bunch, but easy to warm up to. They wanted me and my wife to come to the Brockton area to spend a weekend or two. I was tempted (home of Perewitz - a friend of one of the group's senior members), but only if I went alone. There's no way that I would get within 75 miles of Boston with my wife on the back. Crazy people down there. No sense in both of us dying.

Interesting Turbo,

I have seen Perewitz's paint work on Jessie James show long ago, very talented and funny guy, I am sure he would be interesting to talk to. I have driven up 95 skirting Boston on the FJR a few times, to visit friends, always on guard of course and knock on wood, no close calls yet, been stuck in a few traffic jams too, and I resisted lane splitting, not legal in Mass anyway. If you show clear intention with lane changes, people following too close (my biggest worry) and show gentle hand signals most of the time it works, if not, you wait till traffic clears left or right, drop two gears and disappear in about 5 seconds. if there were any other off road ways to get to my friend's house I would, but unfortunately there isn't.

Rhody...

Perewitz may or may not shoot his own paint, but my Wide Glide featured head-work by him, and I wanted to meet him. That machine was relatively tolerant, but in warm/hot weather, I had to run the best octane level I could get. I got it tamed after a while, with fuel atomization and other tricks, but it didn't come out of his shop like the typical H-D (treat it like a tractor).

rhody said:
Heck,

I didn't know dlgoff liked me, must be a secret admirer, well, I guess I do now... hehe

Rhody... :!)

I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now. :approve:

:redface: :

Rhody...

dlgoff said:
I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now. :approve:
Having a Science Advisor keep an eye on you isn't always a good thing. :tongue: Anyway, welcome back rhody!

Better be watched by SA than by Mentor :devil:

<h2>What is the issue with Rhody being banned?</h2><p>The issue with Rhody being banned is that it is not actually a legitimate ban, but rather a glitch in the system that is preventing users from accessing the platform.</p><h2>How did the glitch occur?</h2><p>The exact cause of the glitch is still being investigated, but it is believed to be a technical error in the system that is preventing Rhody from being accessible.</p><h2>Is there a way to fix the glitch?</h2><p>Yes, the glitch can be fixed by identifying and resolving the technical error causing it. The platform developers are working to address the issue as quickly as possible.</p><h2>Is there any estimated time for when the glitch will be fixed?</h2><p>There is no specific timeframe for when the glitch will be fixed, as it depends on the complexity of the issue and how quickly it can be resolved. However, the developers are working diligently to fix the glitch as soon as possible.</p><h2>Can users still access Rhody while the glitch is being fixed?</h2><p>No, unfortunately users will not be able to access Rhody until the glitch is fixed. However, once the issue is resolved, users will be able to access the platform as usual.</p>

What is the issue with Rhody being banned?

The issue with Rhody being banned is that it is not actually a legitimate ban, but rather a glitch in the system that is preventing users from accessing the platform.

How did the glitch occur?

The exact cause of the glitch is still being investigated, but it is believed to be a technical error in the system that is preventing Rhody from being accessible.

Is there a way to fix the glitch?

Yes, the glitch can be fixed by identifying and resolving the technical error causing it. The platform developers are working to address the issue as quickly as possible.

Is there any estimated time for when the glitch will be fixed?

There is no specific timeframe for when the glitch will be fixed, as it depends on the complexity of the issue and how quickly it can be resolved. However, the developers are working diligently to fix the glitch as soon as possible.

Can users still access Rhody while the glitch is being fixed?

No, unfortunately users will not be able to access Rhody until the glitch is fixed. However, once the issue is resolved, users will be able to access the platform as usual.