Transferring Pictures to your Memory Card

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of transferring pictures to a memory card using Picasa. It provides step-by-step instructions for exporting images from Picasa to a memory card. The use of Picasa is questioned and it is mentioned that the program is no longer available. It is also mentioned that the conversation may be outdated due to advancements in technology.
Spark
~ Transferring Pictures to your Memory Card ~

Hello,

Few days ago one of my friends asked me if it was possible to transfer pictures to the memory card. The answer is yes, I am sure many of you are already know about this. But those of you who don’t please allow me to briefly explain how this is possible.

Using Picasa it is possible to export images to your memory card:

Just do the following if you have Picasa:

"1. Insert your memory card into your card reader, and make sure the card reader is connected to your computer.
2. In Picasa, select the pictures you wish to Export.
3. Click Export.
4. Click Browse.
5. Click the + next to My Computer.
6. If your memory card and reader appear as a removable drive under my computer, select it and click OK.
7. Set your sizing and image quality options, then click OK.

If this works, you should have successfully exported your pictures to your memory card."

and if you don’t have Picasa, you can downloaded for free on Picasa's website

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Shouldn't you just be able to open the memory card as a folder and then drag your photos from the original place to the destination? Why use Picasa?

Likes sysprog and davenn
Greg Bernhardt said:
Shouldn't you just be able to open the memory card as a folder and then drag your photos from the original place to the destination? Why use Picasa?
what he said (very small).jpg

Likes sysprog
Well you can't use Picasa any more beause Google pulled the plug on it in 2016. I wonder about the wisdom of resurrecting these zombie threads, particularly in this subforum where in the majority of cases the march of technology has made the question irrelevant?

pbuk said:
Well you can't use Picasa any more beause Google pulled the plug on it in 2016. I wonder about the wisdom of resurrecting these zombie threads, particularly in this subforum where in the majority of cases the march of technology has made the question irrelevant?
They are not being "resurrected", they are being "cleaned up" as Greg puts it. They will be either responded to or removed. I agree w/ you that a lot of them should just be tossed, but that's up to the mods.

Likes pbuk
Greg Bernhardt said:
That's what i did.

Likes sysprog

1. How do I transfer pictures to my memory card?

To transfer pictures to your memory card, you will need to insert the memory card into your device (camera, phone, etc.) and then connect the device to your computer using a USB cable. From there, you can drag and drop the pictures from your computer onto the memory card.

2. Can I transfer pictures to a memory card that is already full?

It is not recommended to transfer pictures to a memory card that is already full. Doing so may cause the memory card to become corrupted and you may lose your existing pictures. It is best to use a new or empty memory card for transferring pictures.

3. How do I know if my memory card is compatible with my device?

To ensure compatibility, you should check the specifications of your device and compare them to the specifications of the memory card. Some devices may only be compatible with certain types or sizes of memory cards.

4. Can I transfer pictures from my memory card to multiple devices?

Yes, you can transfer pictures from your memory card to multiple devices as long as the devices are compatible with the memory card. However, keep in mind that transferring pictures from a memory card to a device multiple times can lead to a decrease in the quality of the pictures.

5. What should I do if my memory card is not recognized by my device?

If your memory card is not recognized by your device, try removing the memory card and reinserting it. If that does not work, you may need to format the memory card. Keep in mind that formatting will erase all data on the memory card, so make sure to back up your pictures before proceeding.