VOTE Photo Contest - Animal Instinct (Group 1/2)

In summary, the pictures in this contest are great and there is a huge variety in terms of specie and size, ranging from the small grasshopper-like bug all the way to gorillas and Orcas! Voting for this contest should be interesting.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Animal Instinct (Group 1/2)

• alex_caps

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Reshma

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • larkspur

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Chi Meson

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • siddharth

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • glondor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gokul

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Whoa! We have not only a terrific set of pictures for this contest, but also a huge variety in terms of specie and size, ranging from the small grasshopper-like bug all the way to gorillas and Orcas! Voting for this contest should be interesting.

There are two groups for you to vote on. You have one vote to cast in each group. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is on animals not including domesticated cats and dogs.

1. alex_caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/BayArea/DSCF1870.sized.jpg

2. Reshma
crocs.jpg

3. turbo-1
squirrels.jpg

4. larkspur
2059099087_ebf41acdf3_o.jpg

5. Chi Meson
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/brichid1765/birds.jpg

6. siddharth
2059251775_c2d6ad469a_o.jpg

7. 0TheSwerve0
IMG_0052.jpg

8. glondor
Picture004.jpg

9. Gokul
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/925/img2480pc6.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=200181".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, this has to be one of the toughest ones yet! Nice job to everyone. In the end, though, I voted for turbo.

This one was really tough! I finally went with Larkspur, but I could barely choose.

I tilted to Larkspur because it is a beautiful shot.

I love the two little squirrels.

I went with the two little squirrels but I wanted to vote for them all!

Turbo's squirrel buddies are cute, as are glondor's wild guinea pigs! But I went with siddharth's tiger, since I'm partial to tigers as a I explained in the other thread.

All the pictures are great!

I went with the big white kitty too!

I voted for larkspur too. It looks really beautiful!

Astronuc said:
Turbo's squirrel buddies are cute, as are glondor's wild guinea pigs! But I went with siddharth's tiger, since I'm partial to tigers as a I explained in the other thread.

Unlike the other contestants, I have no photography skills at all. Just a nice 10 megapixel camera which I need to point and click. In fact, the original picture of the tiger is in 3648x2736 resolution.

lakspur

I can't decide! :cry: turbo's and alex-caps' squirrels are just adorable, and larkspur's deer so majestic, and Chi Meson's birds seem so humorous somehow, and siddharth's tiger is beautiful, and Reshma's alligators are so numerous, and glondor's wild guinea pigs are SO cute! *sigh* eenie meenie minie moe...I'll get back to you later. Maybe the other thread will be easier to choose? :frown:

Go with the kitty cat, you can't go wrong with cats!

You have 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest.

Zz.

I had eventually gone with turbo's squirrels. It's hard getting one to sit still long enough for a photo, but to have two posed together like that is difficult to get and they are just too cute.

What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Animal Instinct (Group 1/2)"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Animal Instinct (Group 1/2)" is a photography contest organized by the PF Community, where participants submit their best photos of animals showcasing their natural instincts.

How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the contest, you can submit your photo through the PF Community website. The submission must follow the contest guidelines and be relevant to the theme of "Animal Instinct".

Can I submit more than one photo to the contest?

Yes, you can submit up to three photos to the contest. However, each photo must be unique and follow the contest guidelines.

Who can vote in the contest?

Anyone with a valid PF Community account can vote in the contest. You do not need to be a participant to vote.

When will the winners be announced?

The winners of the contest will be announced one week after the submission deadline. The announcement will be made through the PF Community website and social media channels.