Projectile Calculator software

In summary, this program is designed to help with projectile motion study. It allows for the calculation of various parameters, such as final velocity, horizontal displacement and maximum height reached. Additionally, it can plot the path of the projectile and output it to a file.
pratik.t
Hi all,

I am a software developer and wrote this application just for fun

A short synopsisThis is a simple program to find the various parameters like final velocity, horizontal displacement and maximum height reached by a trajectory or a projectile. It also plots the path of the projectile and can output it to a file.

You can use this application to study the projectile motion and its various aspects, such as variation of range and height with angle of launch.

It can also find the particle's ( x, y ) location based on time and vice versa calculate any two of the three parameters (x,y,t) knowing just one
here is the link of the project page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/projectilecalc/

here you can download the latest version (for win32 although you can very easily port it to Mac OS X and Linux as well as it is written in wxWidgets and uses MathGL for plotting)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projectilecalc/projectilecalc-2.01-beta-bin.zip

here is the project website (out of date need to update it also u cannot contact me from there as it is not working ATM but i shall hopefully fix it soon)
http://projectilecalc.sourceforge.net

it is a work in development and all feedback and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Projectile Motion Software

Can people give me suggestions, report bugs etc. so that I can improve this software which is open-source and a freeware.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 473
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:

Hi

I have download the software but I cannot get it to run because a message comes up "libgsl.dll not found" what do I need to do to get the program to run?

Thanks

Hi Pratik

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I have followed your instructions and copied the file to the directory, the program now loads and works OK. Just one other thing, in order to help the total ignorant (like me) it may help to put some instructions on how to use the program.

Thanks again, very useful

Great work! I have some time to look into your code. Them Mainly code was doing GUI related work and there is a calc() to do the core task. I think you should add some air drag coefficient to simulate more precisely.

by the way, I'm not familiar with wxwidget, But you GUI design is cool.

And it's easy to add a link here, and you have already solved it.:smile:

hey, would it be possible to write the same type of program, but for a ti 83 calculator? that would rok

thnx:tongue2:

What is Projectile Calculator software?

Projectile Calculator software is a computer program that calculates the motion of a projectile, taking into account factors such as initial velocity, angle of launch, and gravitational pull. It is often used in fields such as physics, engineering, and ballistics to predict the trajectory of a projectile.

How does Projectile Calculator software work?

Projectile Calculator software uses mathematical equations and algorithms to calculate the motion of a projectile. It takes in user-inputted data such as initial velocity and angle of launch, and then uses this information to predict the path of the projectile.

What are the benefits of using Projectile Calculator software?

Using Projectile Calculator software can save time and provide accurate predictions for the trajectory of a projectile. This can be especially useful in fields such as ballistics, where precision is crucial. It also allows for easy experimentation with different variables and scenarios.

Is Projectile Calculator software difficult to use?

The difficulty of using Projectile Calculator software can vary depending on the specific program and the user's familiarity with mathematical equations and projectile motion. However, most software is designed to be user-friendly and provide step-by-step instructions for inputting data and interpreting results.

Are there any limitations to Projectile Calculator software?

Like any computer program, Projectile Calculator software has its limitations. It relies on the accuracy of the inputted data and assumes certain conditions, such as a uniform gravitational pull. It may also not take into account external factors that could affect the trajectory of a projectile, such as air resistance.