Finding Academic Books for Aerospace Courses

In summary, the conversation is discussing academic books in aerospace courses, specifically gas dynamics, aerospace system and control, aerospace safety and air traffic control, and aerospace system maintenance. The individual is looking for recommendations and asks for the colleges or universities that use these books. Some popular books mentioned include "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by Anderson, "Modern Compressible Flow: With Historical Perspective" by Anderson, "Viscous Fluid Flow" by White, and "Boundary-Layer Theory" by Schlichting. The conversation ends with the individual thanking one of the responders and waiting for more recommendations.
M.M.M
Hi

I want to know some "academic books" in some aerospace courses and the college or the university that rely on that book ..

the courses are :

1 - Gas Dynamics

2- Aerospace System and control

3- Aerospace safety & air traffic control

4- Aerospace system maintenance

I really need your answers ASAP

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No AE students here !

Well there are tons of books that fit your bill. For example, gas dynamics can mean a lit of things. Incompressible/compressible, inviscid/viscid, etc... it just depends on what you are asking.

What exactly are you trying to gain from the answers. That might help tailor them better. I can tell you that for basic aerodynamics, "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by Anderson is popular. For compressible flow, "Modern Compressible Flow: With Historical Perspective" by Anderson is popular. For viscous flow, both "Viscous Fluid Flow" by White and "Boundary-Layer Theory" by Schlichting are popular. It just depends on what branch of fluids you are trying to study.

what i want to get by my question is some academic books in some courses since I shall recommend with some students those books to our department either to change the one used now or to assign the book for the courses that have no books

that's why I'v asked for the books together with the college adopted these books

Texas A&M and UIUC both use that set of books I mentioned.

thanks "boneh3ad"

i'm waiting for other replies !

1. How do I find academic books for aerospace courses?

To find academic books for aerospace courses, you can start by searching your university's library catalog. You can also search online databases such as Google Scholar or JSTOR. Additionally, you can ask your professor or classmates for recommendations or browse through the reference lists of relevant articles and textbooks.

2. Are there any specific criteria I should look for in academic books for aerospace courses?

When searching for academic books for aerospace courses, it is important to look for books that are relevant to your specific course or topic. You should also consider the author's credibility and the publication date, as well as the book's level of complexity and readability.

3. Can I access academic books online?

Yes, many academic books are available online through your university's library website or through online databases. However, some books may require a subscription or purchase to access them. It is important to check with your university's library for their online book access policies.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy and reliability of academic books for aerospace courses?

One way to ensure the accuracy and reliability of academic books is to look for books that have been peer-reviewed or published by reputable academic publishers. You can also check the author's credentials and look for any reviews or citations of the book by other scholars in the field.

5. Are there any resources or tools that can help me find academic books for aerospace courses?

Yes, there are several resources and tools that can aid in finding academic books for aerospace courses. Your university's library website may have a search function specifically for books, and there are also online databases and search engines that specialize in academic literature. Additionally, you can seek recommendations from your professor or librarian.