New PF Community Award: Best Armchair Scientist! (in spaaaace!)

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
In summary, the new PF Community Award for Best Armchair Scientist in space has been introduced. This award recognizes individuals who excel in scientific knowledge and discussion related to space exploration and research, without necessarily having a formal background in the field. It celebrates the passion and curiosity of those who engage in armchair science, contributing valuable insights and perspectives to the space community. This award serves as a platform to showcase the diverse talent and knowledge within the PF community and encourage further engagement in the fascinating world of space science.
Evo said:
How about "No Bell". I mean, we don't give them a bell, so it's a true statement.

Or the "No Bull" since we don't tolerate crackpots.

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Or the "No Bull" since we don't tolerate crackpots.
:rofl:

The No Bull prizes. I like it!

Borek said:
After rereading this thread I came to the conclusion that would be a popular vote to point Mentors attention to someone that should be banned immediately.

:cry:

Noooooooooooo!

----------------------
I swear I'll be good. I really do. I do, I do, I do...

Wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of8f7Kj1yiE​

I mean Om! Who are you?? WHO ARE YOU??

ps. Please tell Evo and LisaB to stop picking on me... :cry:

No Bull for you - who didn't say it? (wait that's another thread -- cyber entanglement)

hmmm... I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to tell everyone at work how I won the No Bull prize in funny tomorrow...

Finally. I am at a loss for words.

How fitting. Good night. o:)

:zzz:

OmCheeto said:
I couldn't decide which "Bell" I was thinking about, so I didn't mention it.
The Gong Show used to hand out No Bell prizes.

Drakkith said:
12. You have discovered that somewhere on the internet there is an online calculator specifically for ... calculating the amount of rain that will impact you if you run at different speeds in a rainstorm...

That is definitely the coolest on-line calculator I've ever seen. Even cooler than the one that calculates my chances of surviving an asteroid strike.

The only improvement I could think to make to the rain calculator? They don't include a threshold to tell you how much rain has to hit you before you're officially wet.

BobG said:
The only improvement I could think to make to the rain calculator? They don't include a threshold to tell you how much rain has to hit you before you're officially wet.

Look and see if there is a calculator for it!