Can a Smog Pump Be Used as a Supercharger for a Modified Lawn Mower Vehicle?

• Automotive
  • Thread starter razzie
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a request for help with designing and modeling a supercharger for a two-wheeler project. The person asking for help has a specific engine and transmission setup in mind and is also looking for information about using a smog pump as a blower. The group responds by stating that they do not do schoolwork projects and suggest the person share what they have done so far.
razzie
i am working on a project - superchargers in twowheelers. please help me with the desinging and modelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
razzie said:
i am working on a project - superchargers in twowheelers. please help me with the desinging and modelling

Welcome to the PF.

We do not do your schoolwork projects for you here at the PF. Show us what you have done so far...

good morning all,

I have been thinking about building a "blower" for a strange modified lawn mower based vehicle I built. What I was wondering about was using a smog pump. is there a simple formula that would tell me if the volume of air needed? I am also having trouble trying to find any specs on pressure and flow out of one of these things. I am thinking simple blow thru.

the engine is a twin cylinder 180 opposed with a hydrostatic trans

thanks

dr dodge

1. What is a supercharger in a 150cc bike?

A supercharger is a device that compresses the air entering the engine of a 150cc bike, allowing for more air to be mixed with the fuel and creating a more powerful explosion. This results in increased performance and power for the bike.

2. How does a supercharger work in a 150cc bike?

A supercharger is typically driven by a belt or chain connected to the engine, which rotates a compressor that pushes more air into the engine. This increased air intake allows for more fuel to be burned, resulting in more power and speed for the bike.

3. What are the benefits of having a supercharger in a 150cc bike?

The main benefit of a supercharger in a 150cc bike is increased performance and power. This allows the bike to accelerate faster, reach higher speeds, and handle steep inclines and rough terrain more easily. Superchargers also provide a smoother and more consistent power delivery compared to natural aspiration.

4. Are there any downsides to having a supercharger in a 150cc bike?

Yes, there are a few downsides to having a supercharger in a 150cc bike. The main one is that it can be quite expensive to install and maintain. Superchargers also add extra weight to the bike, which can affect handling and fuel efficiency. Additionally, the increased power and speed can be dangerous for inexperienced riders.

5. Can a supercharger be added to any 150cc bike?

While it is possible to add a supercharger to any 150cc bike, it is not always recommended. The engine and other components may not be able to handle the increased power and stress, leading to frequent breakdowns and costly repairs. It is important to consult with a professional mechanic and carefully consider the potential consequences before adding a supercharger to a 150cc bike.