New "Thanks" Notifications: Did I Miss Something?

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the increase in the number of "Thanks" comments on a platform and the lack of a prompt for these notifications. The user is surprised by the sudden increase and questions if they had missed the prompt before. They later clarify that there was never a prompt for "Thanks" notifications and express their gratitude for the comments.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Whenever I get a PM, I see a red underlined "Messages: 1" signal.
Yesterday, when I looked at my "Thanks" count, I sensed that it had gone up by one.
When I checked, I had at least a dozen "Thanks" comments, which I had not seen before.
I went all Sally Fields for a moment.

Have I gone senile, or did there not used to be "Thanks" prompt?
Or is it a less subtle signal?

ps. Thanks for all the Thanks!
pps. I like you too!
:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
How could it go up by one if it didn't exist earlier?

It is there for as long as I remember (that is, since thanks were added).

OmCheeto said:
Have I gone senile, or did there not used to be "Thanks" prompt?
There was never a thanks prompt, just that the number next to 'Thanks: ___' would increase when you obtained a thanks. Maybe you did not notice this. You do not get an email notification if that is what you meant.

CAF123 said:
You do not get an email notification if that is what you meant.

No, he meant that there should have been a prompt (like highlight and underline 'Thanks' counter in red) when a new 'thanks' comes. Like how it's with the 'messages' counter.

Ok. Thanks everyone.

1. What are "New Thanks" notifications?

"New Thanks" notifications are a feature on certain social media platforms or messaging apps that alert users when someone has thanked them for something, such as a post, comment, or message.

2. How do I know if I have missed a "New Thanks" notification?

If you have received a "New Thanks" notification, it will show up as a notification on your device. You can also check your notification settings to make sure you are receiving alerts for "New Thanks" notifications.

3. Can I see my past "New Thanks" notifications?

Some platforms or apps allow users to view their past "New Thanks" notifications, but it may depend on the specific platform or app. You can check your notification history or settings to see if this feature is available.

4. Is it important to respond to "New Thanks" notifications?

Responding to "New Thanks" notifications is not necessary, but it can be a nice gesture to acknowledge and appreciate the person who thanked you. It also helps to maintain positive interactions and relationships with others on social media.

5. How can I turn off "New Thanks" notifications?

If you no longer wish to receive "New Thanks" notifications, you can adjust your notification settings on the platform or app. Alternatively, you can also mute or block the person who is sending you these notifications.