Premium Member Holiday Discount

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: or if... our powers are restored, I can still be a mentor.:uhh: You don't think our temporary loss of powers leaves us vulnerable to be tossed into the volcano, do you? :uhh: You don't think our temporary loss of powers leaves us vulnerable to be tossed into the volcano, do you? I don't think so. I'm just trying to be safe. :smile:I don't think so. I'm just trying to be safe.
Moonbear said:
It must be the forums we were assigned to that are still working...really weird that we'd retain some but not all mentor powers.

I think anyone can be assigned to moderate a forum and always have their powers in that forum. To appear green and to have powers everywhere you'd need to be in the moderator usergroup. I presume you got swapped from this to the contributor usergroup automatically when you updated your subscription.

Physics news on Phys.org
cristo said:
I think anyone can be assigned to moderate a forum and always have their powers in that forum. To appear green and to have powers everywhere you'd need to be in the moderator usergroup. I presume you got swapped from this to the contributor usergroup automatically when you updated your subscription.

It seems to be the case. We're not SUPER mentors anymore. :frown:

Moonbear said:
It seems to be the case. We're not SUPER mentors anymore. :frown:

Oh Moonbear; you're all super in our eyes!

Have I avoided a ban for my attempted raid on the fish yet? o:)

I am soooo glad that I didn't contribute tonight.

cristo said:
Oh Moonbear; you're all super in our eyes!

Have I avoided a ban for my attempted raid on the fish yet? o:)
Chocolate, cristo, chocolate!:uhh:

Evo said:

Yeah, me too! I hope you're keeping an eye on cristo and the fish locker!

I think Greg has to designate official times for mentors to contribute when he'll stick around to re-green us.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, me too! I hope you're keeping an eye on cristo and the fish locker!

I think Greg has to designate official times for mentors to contribute when he'll stick around to re-green us.
Have you tried calling him?

Evo said:
Don't you dare!

Evo said:
Have you tried calling him?

Nope, I think I left his number in my jeans in the mentor's forum. :tongue: Actually, I just don't know if it's too late to call him since he's offline. He was up late with the upgrades, so might be crashing early tonight.

Astronuc said:
Don't you dare!

Talk about a crash course on mentoring...if we all contributed tonight and left you to run the whole shop on your first weekend of mentoring...:devil: :rofl:

Geez, I take my eyes of you two and

Whoa, that was quick!

Thanks, Greg.

Astronuc said:
Whoa, that was quick!

Phew! I'm green again!

Astronuc said:
Whoa, that was quick!

Thanks, Greg.

Thanks for the call Astro! :)

Thanks, Greg!

So, I have Astro to thank for making the emergency call?

Thanks both of you!

Yes, thank you, too, Astro!

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, Greg!
Just relax and don't worry about a thing, MIH. I have a trojan app buried deep in your account that can be activated with a keystroke. Then, like Paul Anka, I can slash like a hammer! (OK, I'm not sure exactly what that means, but he makes it sound really bad...)

Now...where's Cristo? I have to talk to him about some fish. :devil:

turbo-1 said:
Just relax and don't worry about a thing, MIH. I have a trojan app buried deep in your account that can be activated with a keystroke. Then, like Paul Anka, I can slash like a hammer! (OK, I'm not sure exactly what that means, but he makes it sound really bad...)

Hey, now. Better not! :grumpy:
p.s. I am listening to Allison Krauss and Robert Plant on iTunes.

Moonbear said:

oh, and I WILL be doing an inventory of the freezer!

Moonbear said:

Hey.. what's that I see.. the mailbox outside the mentor's door is suddenly full of belgian and swiss chocolate! o:)

cristo said:
Hey.. what's that I see.. the mailbox outside the mentor's door is suddenly full of belgian and swiss chocolate! o:)

*chompf* Mmm...yum. Hmm...maybe we can overlook a few missing fish. :uhh:

What missing fish?

*chomp crunch*

Moonbear said:
Talk about a crash course on mentoring...if we all contributed tonight and left you to run the whole shop on your first weekend of mentoring...:devil: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That would be a bit to handle today. [I suspect that Astronuc would handle it spectacularly] It seemed very strange the first time that I was the only staff member online, but back then we only had about 3000 members. :biggrin:

Uh oh, we gave the yellow bug to Ivan too!

It looks strange people being in yellow when you've only ever seen them in green. What a strange forum quirk. I bet when Greg implemented this offer he didn't think he could have lost his whole staff in one night.

I renewed my contribution 2 days before I became mentor. I don't know the renewal would have affected me.

Fortunately Evo remained green.

I was in another forum and saw Moobear in gold, and thought that she was still a mentor, but gold instead of green. When I came back to this thread, I landed on page 1 where I had last looked and where Moonbear was talking about renewing. Then I realized there were more posts, and I found that MIH was gold. Greg wasn't online at that point, so I wasn't sure a PM or email would work. That's when I called him, and a few minutes later, Moobear and MIH were restored.

Ivan's green again. Who's next? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Who's next? :biggrin:

I lost my green. :shy::uhh: :wink:

That is my money when contributing.

Kurdt said:
I lost my green. :shy::uhh: :wink:

:rofl: Nice try.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Nice try.

That was never going to work really was it. Suppose I better send all my Christmas chocolate before I get punished.

Kurdt said:
Suppose I better send all my Christmas chocolate before I get punished.

Now that will work. :approve:

I was going to yell at someone about the bad math on the subscription page but decided search for an explanation as to why 1 yr cost $10, 6 yrs costs $75, but the note says you get a discount for doing the 6 yr plan.

I may not understand linear algebra, but I'm smart enough to know that there was something wrong with someones math.

Anyways, consider me signed up.

<h2>What is a Premium Member Holiday Discount?</h2><p>A Premium Member Holiday Discount is a special offer or promotion that is available to members of a premium membership program during the holiday season. This discount is typically exclusive to premium members and can provide significant savings on products or services.</p><h2>How do I become a premium member to receive the holiday discount?</h2><p>To become a premium member and receive the holiday discount, you will need to sign up for a premium membership program. This may involve paying a membership fee or meeting certain criteria set by the program. Once you are a premium member, you will be eligible for the holiday discount.</p><h2>What types of discounts are typically offered for premium members during the holidays?</h2><p>The types of discounts offered for premium members during the holidays can vary. Some common types of discounts include a percentage off the total purchase, free shipping, or a buy-one-get-one deal. The exact details of the discount will depend on the specific premium membership program.</p><h2>Are there any restrictions or limitations on the premium member holiday discount?</h2><p>Yes, there may be restrictions or limitations on the premium member holiday discount. These could include a minimum purchase amount, specific dates for the discount to be used, or certain products or services that are excluded from the discount. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions of the discount to ensure you understand any restrictions.</p><h2>Can I combine the premium member holiday discount with other promotions or discounts?</h2><p>This will depend on the specific premium membership program and the terms and conditions of the holiday discount. Some programs may allow you to combine the holiday discount with other promotions or discounts, while others may not. It is best to check with the program or read the terms and conditions to determine if combining discounts is allowed.</p>

What is a Premium Member Holiday Discount?

A Premium Member Holiday Discount is a special offer or promotion that is available to members of a premium membership program during the holiday season. This discount is typically exclusive to premium members and can provide significant savings on products or services.

How do I become a premium member to receive the holiday discount?

To become a premium member and receive the holiday discount, you will need to sign up for a premium membership program. This may involve paying a membership fee or meeting certain criteria set by the program. Once you are a premium member, you will be eligible for the holiday discount.

What types of discounts are typically offered for premium members during the holidays?

The types of discounts offered for premium members during the holidays can vary. Some common types of discounts include a percentage off the total purchase, free shipping, or a buy-one-get-one deal. The exact details of the discount will depend on the specific premium membership program.

Are there any restrictions or limitations on the premium member holiday discount?

Yes, there may be restrictions or limitations on the premium member holiday discount. These could include a minimum purchase amount, specific dates for the discount to be used, or certain products or services that are excluded from the discount. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions of the discount to ensure you understand any restrictions.

Can I combine the premium member holiday discount with other promotions or discounts?

This will depend on the specific premium membership program and the terms and conditions of the holiday discount. Some programs may allow you to combine the holiday discount with other promotions or discounts, while others may not. It is best to check with the program or read the terms and conditions to determine if combining discounts is allowed.