Register to reply

Text waves slightly on new monitor

by leroyjenkens
Tags: monitor, slightly, text, waves
Share this thread:
leroyjenkens
Jan4-14, 01:08 PM
P: 538
I just bought a new Acer monitor and the text, such as what I'm typing right now, is moving very slightly in a wavy motion.

Actually, I just noticed it's only wavy in the middle part of the screen. I'll use lines to show which part it's wavy at.
------------------------|_____________________|----------------------------------------------

Where there is a underscores instead of dashes, that's where the text is wavy from the bottom of the screen to the top. Is something wrong with this monitor? Thanks.

Edit: Ok I just changed the resolution, and that seems to have fixed it. Is that normal?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
KrisOhn
Jan4-14, 01:35 PM
P: 269
Did you change to the monitors native resolution? LCD monitors can act strange when they are not on their native resolution. Also, what kind of cable are you using with your monitor? DVI? VGA? HDMI?
Borek
Jan4-14, 03:31 PM
Admin
P: 23,591
I had similar (but not identical) problems with a VGA LCD monitor connected to DVI card (through DVI-VGA adapter). After replacing monitor with a DVI LCD, everything get back to normal.

Which just means questions asked by KrisOnh are valid

Register to reply