Energy transport through deep convection

In summary, the person is conducting research on atmospheric physics and is looking for a model to determine energy flow in the troposphere. They have exhausted their searches for answers and are seeking help from others in the field.
Weatherman
Hi everyone,

I am currently undertaking my honours year in physics focusing on atmospheric physics.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a model to determine how much energy is moved to the top of the troposphere by deep convective "hot towers".

I wish it was as simple as ball park estimating of synoptic type disturbances linked to deep convection and then Mz x Q for the entire tower x Area covered etc but the literature states otherwise,

Mainly Rhiel and Malkus 1958 and 1979,

I have exausted my searches for answers so this is a last effort to model this particular energy flow,

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Weatherman.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Hi Weatherman,

That sounds like a very interesting research topic! Have you tried reaching out to any atmospheric physics research groups or organizations? They may have access to specific models or data that could help with your research. You could also try contacting the authors of the literature you mentioned to see if they have any insights or suggestions.

Another option could be to attend conferences or workshops related to atmospheric physics, as you may be able to network with other researchers who could offer advice or resources.

Good luck with your research!

What is deep convection?

Deep convection refers to the process in which warm air rises and cold air sinks, resulting in the transfer of heat and energy through the atmosphere. This process is important for regulating the Earth's climate and weather patterns.

How does energy transport occur through deep convection?

Energy transport through deep convection occurs through the movement of air masses. As warm air rises, it carries energy and moisture with it. This energy is then transferred to the surrounding air as the warm air cools and sinks back down to the Earth's surface.

What factors influence energy transport through deep convection?

Several factors can influence energy transport through deep convection, including temperature differences between air masses, atmospheric moisture content, and wind patterns. These factors can vary depending on the location and time of year.

How does deep convection impact weather patterns?

Deep convection plays a significant role in shaping weather patterns. As warm air rises and cool air sinks, it creates areas of low and high pressure, which can lead to the formation of storms and other weather events. Deep convection also helps redistribute heat and moisture in the atmosphere, influencing global weather patterns.

What are the potential effects of changes in deep convection on the Earth's climate?

Changes in deep convection could have significant impacts on the Earth's climate. For example, if deep convection slows down or becomes less frequent, it could lead to changes in precipitation patterns and temperatures. These changes could have far-reaching effects on ecosystems, agriculture, and human societies.