Ansys Maxwell 2D Number of turns

by tya1010
Tags: ansys, maxwell, number, turns
Share this thread:
tya1010
Jun10-14, 02:02 PM
P: 2
Hi,

How do you define number of turns in a coil designed to operate at 100 kHz? Maxwell 2D axisymmetric treats the coils as a single conductor, how can we define number of turns. I would appreciate any response.

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
DIY glove-based tutor indicates muscle-memory potential
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment
jsgruszynski
Jun26-14, 05:25 PM
P: 281
I don't know Maxwell but in Comsol you simply identify a toroidally shaped shell as being a "coil" and assign N turns plus a current direction (as a cross product orientation) as a property to it. IR losses are determined by the resistivity of the material assigned. The simulator "cheats" and simplifies the B calculation based on circular sheet currents in the structure and multiplies by N.

I'm guessing that Maxwell does something like this.
tya1010
Jun26-14, 05:35 PM
P: 2
Thanks for the reply. I actually figured out how to integrate the number of turns (integrate N on the matrix) and maxwell does exactly the same thing with comsol and call it post processing.

Register to reply