Where Can I Find Papers on Microprocessors?

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Papers
In summary, a microprocessor is a small electronic device that acts as the CPU of a computer or electronic system. It receives and executes instructions using electrical signals and logic circuits, typically in binary code. Key components include the ALU, control unit, registers, cache memory, and input/output interfaces. Microprocessors have a wide range of applications and have evolved over time to become smaller, faster, more powerful, and energy-efficient.
heman
i tried everywhere to look for papers on microprocessors...i am the very primitive level studying sdlx microprocessor at the moment..but i could not find any useful information o n the interenet..

Physics news on Phys.org
What specifically do you want to know about microprocessors. I've never heard of the sdlx microprocessor before? Who makes it?

just how to write verilog code for sdlx microprocessor and show it working on xilinx FPEGA...
i also don't know who makes it...but they are used here for computer architecture labs..

Nobody here works in Silicon Valley?

1. What is a microprocessor?

A microprocessor is a small electronic device that serves as the central processing unit (CPU) of a computer or other electronic system. It is responsible for executing instructions and carrying out calculations, making it the "brain" of the system.

2. How do microprocessors work?

Microprocessors work by receiving instructions from a computer program and then executing them using a combination of electrical signals and logic circuits. These instructions are typically in the form of binary code, which the microprocessor can understand and carry out.

3. What are the key components of a microprocessor?

The key components of a microprocessor include the arithmetic logic unit (ALU), which performs calculations and logical operations, and the control unit, which coordinates and manages the execution of instructions. Other important components include registers, cache memory, and input/output interfaces.

4. What are the main applications of microprocessors?

Microprocessors have a wide range of applications, including in personal computers, smartphones, cars, appliances, and industrial machinery. They are also used in embedded systems, such as in medical devices and smart home technology.

5. How have microprocessors evolved over time?

Microprocessors have undergone significant advancements since their introduction in the 1970s. They have become smaller, faster, and more powerful, with the ability to handle increasingly complex tasks. They have also become more energy-efficient, making them a key component in portable devices and other low-power applications.