Who Will Come Out on Top: Argentina or Ivory Coast in This Exciting Match?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Argentina won the game against Ivory Coast with a score of 2-1, thanks to goals from Crespo and Drogba. There was some controversy surrounding the second goal, which appeared to be offside. Despite a strong performance from Ivory Coast, Argentina managed to defend against their attacks and secure the win. Overall, it was a good game and a relief from the previous day's goal drought.
Looks like a good game, love the IC jerseys. Argentina up 1-0 with a crespo goal.

Physics news on Phys.org
Argentina up 2-0 right now. But i like how Ivory Coast play, they might get a goal or two themselves.
The second goal seemed to be way offside.

Last edited:
Nice game. Go Coast!

yeap was a nice game :)

I have been watching the match (first match I watch in this world cup), and I missed Messi, because the so-dubbed "New Maradona", is a very vertical player, very clever in counterattack. The phantom goal previous to the goal by Crespo, the ball that rebounded off the post and was snatched up dramatically by the goalie, seemed a legal goal to me at first; when I see the replay I have my doubts because I'm not sure if the ball enters the goal.

The second goal seemed to be way offside
There's an Argentine player that is in offside position, but I believe that the "Rabbit" Saviola was not offside

Last edited:
This was the best game of the day. Argentina was definitely better, especially the first half, but they nearly let the Ivory Coast back into it. Drogba could wind up ruining someone's tournament, considering how tough this group is.

Every one realizes I woulda been right in my 3-1 score if that third goal wasn't an offside right? Just checking :biggrin:

It was only because Argentina WAS Argentina that they managed to defend against the IC's attacks. IC, for first timers, are actually a can load of whoopass, and could have easilt thrashed england if they played them.

Yep, i wasn't expecting IC to be this strong. They're one of my teams now. :smile:

Some relief from yesterday's goal drought! Good job, Argentina. :biggrin:

1. What is the history of Argentina vs Ivory Coast?

The first meeting between Argentina and Ivory Coast was in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, where Argentina won 2-1. They have also faced each other in friendly matches and the Olympic Games.

2. What are the current standings of Argentina and Ivory Coast in international football?

As of 2021, Argentina is ranked 8th in the FIFA World Rankings, while Ivory Coast is ranked 59th. However, rankings can change over time.

3. Which players are considered key for Argentina and Ivory Coast in this matchup?

For Argentina, players like Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero are considered key players, while for Ivory Coast, Wilfried Zaha and Nicolas Pepe are important players to watch.

4. How have Argentina and Ivory Coast performed in recent years?

Argentina has had a relatively successful record in recent years, reaching the finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and winning the 2021 Copa America. Ivory Coast has also had some successes, winning the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations and qualifying for the World Cup in 2006, 2010, and 2014.

5. What can we expect from the upcoming Argentina vs Ivory Coast matchup?

It is difficult to predict the outcome of any football match, but based on their previous performances and current standings, Argentina may have an advantage. However, Ivory Coast is known to be a strong and competitive team, so it could be a close and exciting game.