Limit Questions: File with Solved Examples and Corrections

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with solving problems involving limits. They have added a file with their attempts at solving the problems and are asking for corrections. The discussion includes clarifying the meaning of a particular limit and providing examples of Indeterminate Forms. The expert also points out errors in the person's attempts at solving the problems and encourages them to try again on their own.
transgalactic
i added a file in which i tried to solved them

in every limit i solved please correct me where i get it wrong.

because some how my answer differs a lot from the book answer

maybe it some basic knowledge that i lack

please help

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 378
  • p3.GIF
    p3.GIF
    159.3 KB · Views: 461
Physics news on Phys.org
Could not read your first problem.
What is the meaning of lin(x)/x ?

its S
sinx/x

lim (sinx)/x =1
x>0

Then the first is easy.
It is of the form lim (f(x))^(sinx/x),
and lim f(x) is easyli obtained.

so did i get it right??
what about the rest??

Nope, nope, it's incorrect.
You should note that the limit for e is:
[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow \infty} \left( 1 + \frac{1}{x} \right) ^ x[/tex]

Or

[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow 0} \left( 1 + x\right) ^ \frac{1}{x}[/tex]

All the two are of the Indeterminate Form [tex]1 ^ \infty[/tex], whereas in your problem, it's not any Indeterminate Forms.

--------------------

[tex]\lim_{x \rightarrow 0} \left( \frac{x ^ 2 - 2x + 3}{x ^ 2 - 3x + 2} \right) ^ \frac{\sin x}{x} = \left( \frac{0 ^ 2 - 2 \times 0 + 3}{0 ^ 2 - 3 \times 0 + 2} \right) ^ 1 = \frac{3}{2}[/tex]

--------------------

The seconds problem you did it all correct, except for the last part, which should read:
[tex]= \fbox{\ln} e = 1[/tex]

--------------------

The third problem, you've differentiated it incorrectly. :frown:

[tex](\arctan (2x))' = \frac{2}{1 + 4x ^ 2}[/tex]
[tex](\sin (3x))' = 3 \cos (3x)[/tex]

Ok, now, can you complete the three problems on your own? :)

What are limit questions?

Limit questions are mathematical problems that involve determining the value of a function at a specific point, as the input to the function approaches that point. They are commonly used in calculus and involve finding limits, which can help us understand the behavior of functions and their graphs.

What are some common types of limit questions?

The most common types of limit questions include finding the limit of a polynomial function, finding the limit of a rational function, using the squeeze theorem to evaluate limits, and finding limits involving trigonometric functions. Other types of limit questions may involve sequences and series, power functions, or exponential and logarithmic functions.

How do you solve limit questions?

Solving limit questions typically involves using algebraic techniques, such as factoring and simplifying, along with limit rules and theorems, such as the limit laws and L'Hopital's rule. It is important to understand the properties of limits and how to apply them correctly in order to solve these types of questions.

What are some common mistakes when solving limit questions?

Some common mistakes when solving limit questions include not applying the limit laws correctly, forgetting to check for removable discontinuities, and not simplifying the function enough before taking the limit. It is also important to pay attention to the form of the limit, as some forms require different approaches to solving.

How can I check my answers for limit questions?

One way to check your answers for limit questions is to use a graphing calculator to graph the function and see if the limit matches the graph. You can also plug in values close to the limit point to see if they approach the same value. It is also helpful to double-check your algebraic steps to make sure there are no mistakes.