View PDF files in different browsers

• Thread starter Mike Phan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files Pdf
In summary, the conversation discusses how to configure Acrobat Reader to view PDF files in different browsers. The issue of opening two PDF files simultaneously is brought up, with suggestions to either open a new instance of the browser or request a new window in the File menu to view the second file.
Mike Phan
Hi all,

Any one can help me how to configure the Acrobat Reader so that we can view PDF files in different browsers? For example, we have two datasheets saved in pdf format, and we want to open to compare their specs. Thanks for any help!

Mike

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you sure? I did that for excel. Thanks

I meant that, if we open two pdf files, the last one will be displayed. Then, if we click on the first opening, it will replace the last one. Finally, we still see only one at the time. Thanks

If you are viewing them in a web-browser, try to start another instance of the browser... or else request a new window (under the File menu) and open the second one there.

1. How can I view a PDF file in a different browser?

There are a few different ways to view a PDF file in a different browser. One option is to download and install a PDF reader or plugin for your preferred browser. Another option is to use an online PDF viewer, which allows you to view PDF files without downloading any additional software.

2. Can I view a PDF file in any browser?

Yes, most modern browsers have built-in support for viewing PDF files. However, some browsers may require you to download and install a PDF reader or plugin in order to view PDF files.

3. Why does my browser show a blank page when I try to view a PDF file?

This may be due to a few different reasons. First, make sure that your browser has a PDF reader or plugin installed. If it does, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, as this can sometimes cause display issues. It's also possible that the PDF file is corrupted or not compatible with your browser.

4. How do I change the default PDF viewer in my browser?

The steps to change the default PDF viewer vary depending on your browser. In most cases, you can do so by going into your browser's settings or preferences and selecting the option to change the default viewer. You may also need to download and install a different PDF reader or plugin to use as the default.

5. Can I view a PDF file on my mobile device?

Yes, there are several mobile browsers that have built-in support for viewing PDF files. You may also be able to download a PDF reader app from your device's app store. Additionally, many online PDF viewers are mobile-friendly and can be accessed through your mobile browser.