Where can I find basic tensor video lectures and examples online?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for basic video lectures and textbooks on tensor math. They have not been able to find any good resources and are frustrated by the lack of support. They suggest searching for videos and subscribing to the thread in case any helpful information is posted.
americanforest
Hi,

Does anyone know of some basic video lectures covering tensors available online?

Also, what is a good textbook for looking up some basic tensor examples? Maybe there is a place on the web with some good examples?

Physics news on Phys.org
vids

Don't know of any myself. I have posted here looking for help with tensors as well, but have never really gotten a lot of support with it.

To be honest with you I can't even say I have run across any really good, basic and clearly-explained texts on tensor math. I have several books, but none of them really come close to what I feel I need. I run into stumbling blocks with no way to get clarification, and end up confused and a bit frustrated, and have nowhere to turn for assistance.

Ok...I didn't post here to rant...sorry. I would suggest you just do searches on google/dogpile/youtube, etc for videos for tensor math. I have not thought about this idea actually. So I may try it myself.

I will subscribe to your thread and will post anything if I run across any information that may be of help to you. Furthermore, if anyone posts something helpful perhaps I can benefit from it as well.

Thanks for posting your question, and good luck.

fiz~

*bump*

i would normally recommend the wiki but it doesn't help at all.

good luck, i mainly write this to bump this thread back.

1. What are basic tensor video lectures?

Basic tensor video lectures are educational videos that cover the fundamentals of tensors, a mathematical concept used in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science. These lectures typically cover topics such as tensor notation, operations, and applications.

2. Why are tensor video lectures important?

Tensor video lectures are important because they provide a visual and auditory way of learning about tensors, making it easier to understand and retain the information. They also allow for self-paced learning and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.

3. Who can benefit from watching basic tensor video lectures?

Anyone who is interested in learning about tensors or who needs to use tensors in their field can benefit from watching basic tensor video lectures. This includes students, researchers, and professionals in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science.

4. Are there any prerequisites for watching basic tensor video lectures?

Some basic knowledge of linear algebra and calculus is recommended for understanding tensor video lectures. However, some lectures may also cover these topics briefly before diving into tensors.

5. Where can I find basic tensor video lectures?

Basic tensor video lectures can be found on various online platforms, such as YouTube, Coursera, and Khan Academy. They may also be available on university websites or through online course providers.