Thermodynamics refrigerator problem

In summary: EN!Thank you for your questions. In summary, reversible processes require slower heat transfer because the energy is not completely converted to work. This is why it is important to fly heat slowly in an infinety-reversible process.
daemonakadevil
Hi Everyone!
I have couple of questions this time! :D

1) In refrigerator we say that we have to do some work on system to flow heat from lower temp body to higher temp reservoir , so if temp1 > temp2

then temp2 + work = temp1 now what i want to ask is that
what kind of work we do on system to absorb heat? e.g we do expansion on system

please tell taking example of pistons , it makes me pretty clear!

2) if we say that reversible process why we say that heat should be flown infinety slowly , no dissipation of enerygy etc??

Thanks a lot for taking your preciuos time for me!

Physics news on Phys.org
please mods move this thread General physics , thanks!

daemonakadevil said:
Hi Everyone!
I have couple of questions this time! :D

1) In refrigerator we say that we have to do some work on system to flow heat from lower temp body to higher temp reservoir , so if temp1 > temp2

then temp2 + work = temp1 now what i want to ask is that
what kind of work we do on system to absorb heat? e.g we do expansion on system

please tell taking example of pistons , it makes me pretty clear!
I am not sure what you are asking. No work needs to be done for a system to absorb heat. Heat flows naturally from higher temp. body to a lower temp. body. In a refrigerator, this occurs by compressing a gas (raising its temp. and releasing heat to the hot reservoir) and then letting that compressed gas expand and do work (lowering its temperature and absorbing heat from the cool reservoir).

2) if we say that reversible process why we say that heat should be flown infinety slowly , no dissipation of enerygy etc??
Energy is dissipated in a reversible process. The ideal Carnot engine will dissipate less energy than any other engine, but it will never reach 100% efficiency.

AM

1. What is the basic concept of a thermodynamics refrigerator?

A thermodynamics refrigerator is a device that uses thermodynamic principles to transfer heat from a low-temperature reservoir (such as the inside of the refrigerator) to a high-temperature reservoir (such as the outside environment), thus keeping the inside of the refrigerator cool.

2. How does a refrigerator work according to the second law of thermodynamics?

The second law of thermodynamics states that heat will naturally flow from a hotter object to a colder object, not the other way around. In a refrigerator, this principle is used by using a refrigerant to absorb heat from the inside of the refrigerator and release it to the outside, thus keeping the inside cool.

3. What is the coefficient of performance (COP) of a refrigerator?

The coefficient of performance (COP) of a refrigerator is a measure of its efficiency and is defined as the ratio of the amount of heat removed from the inside of the refrigerator to the amount of work needed to remove that heat. A higher COP indicates a more efficient refrigerator.

4. How does the size and design of a refrigerator affect its efficiency?

The size and design of a refrigerator can have a significant impact on its efficiency. A larger refrigerator will require more energy to cool its interior, while a well-designed refrigerator with good insulation and sealing will be more efficient in preventing heat from entering the interior, thus reducing the amount of work needed to cool it.

5. Can the second law of thermodynamics be violated in a refrigerator?

No, the second law of thermodynamics cannot be violated in a refrigerator. While a refrigerator may seem to violate this law by cooling the inside while the outside is warmer, it is actually using energy and following the law by transferring heat from a colder object to a warmer one.