Nail Growth Hormone: How to Grow Stronger & Faster Nails

• Thread starter _Muddy_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Growth
In summary: Not only does milk contain calcium, but it also contains enzymes that help break down the protein that can cause nails to become brittle.
_Muddy_
Nail growth hormone?

Hello

Don't actually know if this is the correct section but anyway.

Does anybody know how our fingernails grow? What stimulates them to grow? Is there something i could do more/take to help my nails grown quicker and stronger?

Thanks

_Muddy_

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about hormones, but I think salt water helps growing and strengthening of nails. I only say this since, when I was a kid, we used to go on family holidays down south and I used to spend a lot of time swimming in the sea. After a few days my nails had grown a lot, and felt stronger too. This may just have been a coincidence, but I think there's some truth to it!

He plays guitar if anyone has a raised eyebrow, or is questioning why a boy would want to grow his nails.

_Mayday_ said:
He plays guitar if anyone has a raised eyebrow, or is questioning why a boy would want to grow his nails.

Nothing wrong with wanting strong nails: if I had strong nails perhaps I'd bite them less.

I am, however, a little concerned about your postcount.. it's a sign :devil:

I couldn't really find anything on google, most of the searches came up with growing healthy nails and how to paint your nails.

This is what I found anyway:

How fast does the nail grow?

The overall growth of the nail within one month is approximately 3mm. However this does vary from person to person. To completely out grow a nail can take up to 6 months. As mentioned, growth rate does vary from person to person, there are many contributing factors such as; weather, health, age and a well balanced diet. The nail tends to grow faster in our early years, reaching its peak around the age of 10-14 and then the nail growth gradually slows down, as we get older. Growth is accelerated in the summer, during pregnancy and during sleep. Poor blood circulation, malnutrition, certain illnesses and some medications can slow down the growth rate. Each nail grows at a different rate. The smallest nail that we often refer to as our “pinkie” is the in fact the slowest, then the thumbs. The index finger generally grows at an accelerated rate in comparison to the others.

Brittle nails tend to have a low water content. The water content will effect the flexibility of the nails. Water content can vary from 10% to 30%. Nail varnishes and oils will prevent loss of water and encourage flexibility.

http://www.nail-solutions.co.uk/Nail anatomy.htm"

_Mayday_

Last edited by a moderator:
cristo said:
Nothing wrong with wanting strong nails: if I had strong nails perhaps I'd bite them less.

I am, however, a little concerned about your postcount.. it's a sign :devil:

http://www.hessian.org/metal/music/iron%20maiden%20beast.jpg [Broken]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBs33lXH06M"

_Mayday_

cristo said:
I don't know about hormones, but I think salt water helps growing and strengthening of nails. I only say this since, when I was a kid, we used to go on family holidays down south and I used to spend a lot of time swimming in the sea. After a few days my nails had grown a lot, and felt stronger too. This may just have been a coincidence, but I think there's some truth to it!

So when I am doing something like watching TV ill try soaking them in salt water?

Thanks

Open to any other suggestions

is there an actualy hormone or something in the body which makes nails grow?

http://www.azteenmagazine.com/nail-care.php?article=321 [Broken]

Take a calcium supplement and gelatin capsules. Both are available at drug stores. Knox gelatin is one of the brands that comes to mind.

Drink milk.

1. How does the nail growth hormone work?

The nail growth hormone is a protein that is naturally produced in the body. It stimulates the cells in the nail bed to grow and divide, resulting in stronger and faster nail growth.

2. Can anyone use the nail growth hormone?

Yes, the nail growth hormone is safe for anyone to use. However, it is recommended to consult with a doctor before starting any new supplement or treatment.

3. How long does it take to see results from using the nail growth hormone?

Results may vary, but most people will start to see an improvement in nail strength and growth within 4-6 weeks of consistent use.

4. Are there any side effects of using the nail growth hormone?

There are no known side effects of using the nail growth hormone. However, if you experience any adverse reactions, it is best to discontinue use and consult with a doctor.

5. Can I use the nail growth hormone with other nail products?

Yes, the nail growth hormone can be used in conjunction with other nail products, such as nail polish or cuticle oil. However, it is best to apply the hormone first and allow it to fully absorb before applying other products.