Cosmos comes to the Science Channel for the last time

In summary, Carl Sagan's science documentary series, Cosmos, will be aired on the Science Channel for the last time on the 22nd in an all-day marathon, starting at 10 in the morning. When asked why it would be the last time, it was stated that in 5 years, if people wanted to watch it again, the Science Channel would not air it due to previous decisions. One person expressed their admiration for Sagan, stating that he was one of the greatest scientists who made science and astronomy accessible to the general public, and they credit their current love for both to him.
binzing
Carl Sagan's Cosmos is going to be shown for the last time on the Science Channel on the 22nd in an all day marathon, starting at 10 in the morning.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why would it be the last? When 5 years from now people want to see it again, Science Channel will say "Uhh, no, we don't want good ratings, we already said we wouldn't air it."

Hey, I'm just passing on what it said...

And i'll be there watching it. IMO, he's one of the greatest scientists that made science and astronomy interesting to the layman. I owe my current love of both to him.

RIP Carl Sagan

Last edited by a moderator:

What is "Cosmos" and why is it coming to the Science Channel for the last time?

"Cosmos" is a science documentary series that explores various topics in astronomy, biology, and physics. It is coming to the Science Channel for the last time because the current season (Season 2) is the final season planned by the creators.

When will the final season of "Cosmos" air on the Science Channel?

The final season of "Cosmos" is set to air on the Science Channel on September 22, 2020.

Who created "Cosmos" and what is their background in science?

"Cosmos" was created by renowned astrophysicist and science communicator, Dr. Carl Sagan. Dr. Sagan was a professor of astronomy and astrophysics at Cornell University and was a pioneer in popularizing science through television and media.

Will there be any new episodes or content in the final season of "Cosmos"?

Yes, the final season of "Cosmos" will feature new episodes and content that have not been previously aired. The creators have promised to deliver a thought-provoking and visually stunning finale to the series.

Can I watch the previous seasons of "Cosmos" on the Science Channel?

Yes, the Science Channel has aired previous seasons of "Cosmos" and may continue to do so in the future. Additionally, the series is available on various streaming platforms, making it easily accessible for viewers.