Wedding Outfit Shopping: Fitting for Father of the Bride

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, Wolram went to the big city today to get measured for his farther of the bride whistle, what a shock, the tailor was a very attractive young lady, the chest measurement was bad enough and i thought the inside leg would kill me, but she was obviously an expert because i hardly felt any thing, any ways up, i saw the material Kia has chosen and i tell you this is going to be the greatest sacrifice of my life, but then it will be worth it.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I went to the big city today to get measured for my farther of the bride whistle, what a shock, the tailor was a very attractive young lady, the chest measurement was bad enough and i thought the inside leg would kill me, but she was obviously an expert because i hardly felt any thing, any ways up, i saw the material Kia has chose and i tell you this is going to be the greatest sacrifice of my life, but then it will be worth it.

Physics news on Phys.org
You got measured for a whistle?

wolram said:
I went to the big city today to get measured for my farther of the bride whistle, what a shock, the tailor was a very attractive young lady, the chest measurement was bad enough and i thought the inside leg would kill me, but she was obviously an expert because i hardly felt any thing, any ways up, i saw the material Kia has chose and i tell you this is going to be the greatest sacrifice of my life, but then it will be worth it.

:rofl:

I'm sure you cruised right through the ordeal with grace and aplomb, Woolie!

jimmysnyder said:
It was new to me too, so I looked it up. Its a suit.
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/409800.html"

The whistle is some thing different, when one says, i am going to wet me whistle, it means i am going down the pub.
Other than that rhyming slang usually has two words for one like, apples and pears for stairs.
or jimmy riddle for piddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
tea's ready?

tribdog said:
tea's ready?

Tea is rosie lea.

tribdog said:
tea's ready?
That one balanced on the edge of my ear for a full 10 seconds before falling in.

sometimes my jokes do that. Too bad it wasn't funnier once it fell in huh?

You will half to post many photos of you in your fine garment!

wolram said:
The whistle is some thing different, when one says, i am going to wet me whistle, it means i am going down the pub.
Other than that rhyming slang usually has two words for one like, apples and pears for stairs.
or jimmy riddle for piddle.
British people are strange. :biggrin:

hypatia said:
You will half to post many photos of you in your fine garment!

I will wait and see what i look like first, i bought some new shoes to go with the suit, did you know winkle pickers are back in fashion , i managed to buy some less extreme square toed boots.

wolram said:
I will wait and see what i look like first, i bought some new shoes to go with the suit, did you know winkle pickers are back in fashion , i managed to buy some less extreme square toed boots.
winkle pickers?

Evo said:
winkle pickers?

Shoes that have pointed toes, i think they go back to the 60s.

So to recap. Wolram went to a wedding wearing a whistle while walking on winkle pickers.

1. How should I choose the right outfit for the father of the bride?

When choosing an outfit for the father of the bride, it's important to consider the formality and theme of the wedding. It's also important to coordinate with the mother of the bride and groom to ensure a cohesive look. Additionally, the father's personal style and comfort should be taken into consideration when making a decision.

2. What colors are appropriate for the father of the bride to wear?

The father of the bride can wear a variety of colors, but it's best to stick with classic and neutral colors like navy, black, gray, or beige. These colors are timeless and will complement the bridal party's attire. Avoid wearing the same color as the groom to prevent any confusion or awkwardness.

3. What type of suit or tuxedo should the father of the bride wear?

The father of the bride can wear either a suit or a tuxedo, depending on the formality of the wedding. For a formal evening wedding, a tuxedo is appropriate. For a more casual or daytime wedding, a suit is a better option. It's important to ensure that the suit or tuxedo fits well and is tailored to the father's body for a polished look.

4. Can the father of the bride wear a patterned or printed outfit?

It's generally recommended to avoid wearing patterns or prints as the father of the bride, as it may clash with the wedding's color scheme. However, if the wedding is more casual, a subtle pattern like stripes or a small check can be appropriate. It's best to consult with the bride and groom before making a decision.

5. Should the father of the bride match the groomsmen?

It's not necessary for the father of the bride to match the groomsmen, but it's important to coordinate with them. This can be done by incorporating a similar color or style of suit, or by adding a similar accessory like a tie or pocket square. It's important for the father of the bride to stand out and have his own unique look, while still fitting in with the overall wedding aesthetic.