Debugging Latex Code: 28 Errors and Still Trying

In summary, the speaker is having trouble getting their latex code to print due to 28 errors. They have managed to display the code nicely, but the errors seem to be related to missing brackets and they cannot find them. They also note that their code works on TeXnicCenter. They are seeking help and someone suggests not using \right when a delimiter is not needed.
latentcorpse
hi. not sure if this is the right forum.
i have latex code that I'm trying to get to print but it's giving me 28 errors and i can't find any of them

i've got it to display nice but I'm still getting 28 errors when i run and they're all apparently related to missing brackets and stuff but i just can't find them
here's my code:

\begin{align}
\theta^0{}_1 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \left \{ \left( a'' - \ddot{a} \right) \omega^0 \wedge \omega^1 - \left( \star \left[ P_{\text{sym}}, U_{\text{sym}} \right] \right) \omega^2 \wedge \omega^3 \right \} \\
\theta_0 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \biggl\{ \biggl( \dot{a} P_{\text{sym}} + a' U_{\text{sym}} - \dot{P}_{\text{sym}} - {P_{\text{sym}}}^2 + \left( \star P \right) \left[ \epsilon, P \right] \biggr) \omega^0 \right \\ \nonumber &+ \biggl( a'P_{\text{sym}} + \dot{a} U_{\text{sym}} - {P_{\text{sym}}}'-P_{\text{sym}}U_{\text{sym}} + \left( \star U \right) \left[ \epsilon, P \right] \biggr) \omega^1 \biggr\} \wedge \omega \\
\theta_1 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \biggl\{ \biggl( a' U_{\text{sym}} + \dot{a} P_{\text{sym}} - {U_{\text{sym}}}' - {U_{\text{sym}}}^2 + \left( \star \right) \left[ \epsilon, U \right] \biggr) \omega^1 \right \\ \nonumber &+ \left \biggl( \dot{a} U_{\text{sym}} + a'P_{\text{sym}} - \dot{U}_{\text{sym}} - U_{\text{sym}}P_{\text{sym}} + \left( \star P \right) \left[ \epsilon, U \right] \biggr) \omega^0 \biggr\} \wedge \omega \\
\theta &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \left( \left[ U, P \right]_{\text{asym}} \omega^0 \wedge \omega^1 + \left( \text{det} U_{\text{sym}} - \text{det} P_{\text{sym}} \right) \omega \wedge \omega \right)
\end{align}

and the display:

[itex]\begin{align}
\theta^0{}_1 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \left \{ \left( a'' - \ddot{a} \right) \omega^0 \wedge \omega^1 - \left( \star \left[ P_{\text{sym}}, U_{\text{sym}} \right] \right) \omega^2 \wedge \omega^3 \right \} \\
\theta_0 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \biggl\{ \biggl( \dot{a} P_{\text{sym}} + a' U_{\text{sym}} - \dot{P}_{\text{sym}} - {P_{\text{sym}}}^2 + \left( \star P \right) \left[ \epsilon, P \right] \biggr) \omega^0 \right \\ \nonumber &+ \biggl( a'P_{\text{sym}} + \dot{a} U_{\text{sym}} - {P_{\text{sym}}}'-P_{\text{sym}}U_{\text{sym}} + \left( \star U \right) \left[ \epsilon, P \right] \biggr) \omega^1 \biggr\} \wedge \omega \\
\theta_1 &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \biggl\{ \biggl( a' U_{\text{sym}} + \dot{a} P_{\text{sym}} - {U_{\text{sym}}}' - {U_{\text{sym}}}^2 + \left( \star \right) \left[ \epsilon, U \right] \biggr) \omega^1 \right \\ \nonumber &+ \left \biggl( \dot{a} U_{\text{sym}} + a'P_{\text{sym}} - \dot{U}_{\text{sym}} - U_{\text{sym}}P_{\text{sym}} + \left( \star P \right) \left[ \epsilon, U \right] \biggr) \omega^0 \biggr\} \wedge \omega \\
\theta &= L^{-2}e^{-2a} \left( \left[ U, P \right]_{\text{asym}} \omega^0 \wedge \omega^1 + \left( \text{det} U_{\text{sym}} - \text{det} P_{\text{sym}} \right) \omega \wedge \omega \right)
\end{align}[/itex]
sort of works here and it definitely does on TeXnicCenter which is what I'm using.

thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
You cannot write \right when you don't want a delimiter. Instead, use \right. (\right followed by a period).

1. What is debugging in LaTeX?

Debugging in LaTeX refers to the process of identifying and fixing errors or bugs in the code in order to successfully compile and produce the desired output.

2. How do I know if my LaTeX code has errors?

LaTeX will usually provide error messages that indicate where the problem is located in the code. These errors can range from simple typos to more complex errors, such as missing packages or incorrect syntax.

3. What are some common errors in LaTeX code?

Some common errors in LaTeX code include misspelled commands, missing curly braces, and incorrect use of special characters. These errors can cause the code to fail to compile or produce unexpected results.

4. How can I fix errors in my LaTeX code?

The first step in fixing errors in LaTeX code is to carefully read the error messages and identify the location of the error. From there, you can refer to documentation or online resources to understand the correct syntax and fix the error.

5. What can I do if I am unable to fix the errors in my LaTeX code?

If you are unable to fix the errors in your LaTeX code, you can seek help from online forums or communities where experienced users can provide guidance and assistance. You can also consult with a professional LaTeX editor or seek out tutorials and resources to improve your skills in debugging LaTeX code.