Free Precalculus Textbook Download - Stitz-Zeager.com

In summary, the speaker shares a link to a website where free college algebra, trigonometry, and precalculus textbooks can be downloaded. They mention that the precalculus book seems legitimate but there is a fee for printing. They also provide additional links to other sources for free math textbooks.
Ivan92
Hey guys. I just wanted to share this with you all. I was looking for a free Precalculus textbook (or something close to it) all over the net. I could not find any until I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.stitz-zeager.com/

He has a free College Algebra, College Trigonometry, and a PreCalculus textbook as a free download. Took a skim through the PreCalculus book and it seems legit. Though if you want print, you are going to have to pay a fee. I did not see this anywhere on the forums so that is why I am sharing it with you all. I just thought if anyone was looking for anything like this, I would save them the search. :)

Last edited:
Likes slider142
Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is a precalculus textbook?

A precalculus textbook is a book that contains information and practice problems related to the mathematical concepts that are typically taught in a precalculus course. These concepts are often a prerequisite for more advanced math courses, such as calculus.

2. What is the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook?

The Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook is a free, open-source textbook that covers all of the topics commonly taught in a precalculus course. It was created by Dr. Carl Stitz and Dr. Jeff Zeager and is available for download on their website, stitz-zeager.com.

3. Why is the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook free to download?

The Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook is free to download because the authors believe that education should be accessible to all students, regardless of their financial situation. They also believe that textbooks should not be a barrier to learning, and by providing their textbook for free, they hope to make it easier for students to access the resources they need to succeed.

4. Is the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook a reliable resource?

Yes, the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook is a reliable resource. The authors are experienced mathematics professors and have carefully reviewed and updated the content of the textbook to ensure its accuracy. Additionally, the textbook has been used in many college and high school classrooms, demonstrating its reliability and effectiveness.

5. Can I use the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook for self-study?

Yes, the Stitz-Zeager precalculus textbook is a great resource for self-study. It is designed to be user-friendly and includes plenty of examples and practice problems to help students learn the material. However, it is always beneficial to also seek guidance from a teacher or tutor if you are having trouble understanding a concept.