Thermodynamic properties in excel format

In summary, thermodynamic properties are physical characteristics of a system that determine its behavior under different conditions. These properties can be calculated in Excel using built-in functions and can also be plotted using charting tools. However, Excel may have limitations when dealing with complex systems or large amounts of data, so it is important to validate results and consider using specialized software. Data for thermodynamic properties in Excel format can be found in online databases, textbooks, scientific journals, or can be created using equations and constants from reliable sources.
ehilge
Hey all, I'm looking for a version of steam/water thermodynamic properties for excel. I need it to be able to compute properties based on pressure and entropy. Something similar to the X Steam Tables (http://www.x-eng.com/XSteam_Excel.htm) would be awesome, but again, I need the ability to calculate information with pressure and entropy. Does anyone know where I could find such an item?
Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks, but I was hoping for something closer to the freeware/open source category. Any other ideas?

1. What are thermodynamic properties?

Thermodynamic properties refer to the physical characteristics of a system that determine how it behaves under different conditions, such as temperature, pressure, and volume.

2. How do I calculate thermodynamic properties in Excel?

To calculate thermodynamic properties in Excel, you can use built-in functions such as =THERM.VOLT, =THERM.ENTHALPY, and =THERM.ENTROPY. These functions require input parameters such as temperature, pressure, and composition.

3. Can I plot thermodynamic properties in Excel?

Yes, you can plot thermodynamic properties in Excel by using the built-in charting tools. You can select the data for the properties you want to plot and choose the appropriate chart type to visualize the data.

4. Are there any limitations to using Excel for thermodynamic properties?

While Excel can be a useful tool for calculating and plotting thermodynamic properties, it may have limitations when dealing with complex systems or large amounts of data. It is important to validate your results and consider using specialized software for more accurate and efficient calculations.

5. Where can I find thermodynamic property data in Excel format?

There are several sources for thermodynamic property data in Excel format, such as online databases, textbooks, and scientific journals. You can also create your own data tables using equations and constants from reliable sources.