Weapons Developer w/ Aerospace Engineering Degree

In summary, the speaker is a first-year student attending Carleton University and is interested in pursuing a degree in aerospace engineering. They are wondering if this degree will allow them to develop weapons such as missiles, rockets, and RPGs. They also inquire about other degrees that may complement their aerospace degree in the field of weapons development. The other person in the conversation mentions that modern weapons require various engineering inputs, such as chemical, electrical, mechanical, and aerospace engineering. They also suggest looking into the website provided for potential job opportunities in this field. Finally, they advise the speaker to also consider studying mechanical engineering alongside aerospace if they are interested in the more technical aspects of weapon development.
gebrial
I'm starting my first year this fall so I wanted to find out all my paths with this degree. I will be attending Carleton Uni.

Will I be able to develop weapons with a degree in aerospace engineering? I'm thinking things like missiles, rockets, RPG's, etc. What other degree should I go for that might complement my aerospace degree in the field of weapons development?

Keep in mind, right now I'm open to any weapon field

Physics news on Phys.org
Modern weapons need all sorts of engineering input to get properly designed.

Chemical engineering for the explosives
Electrical engineering for the guidance systems
Mechanical engineering for the housings and structures
Aerospace engineering for the aerodynamics and propulsion

Thanks for the input. I'm going into Aerospace Eng this fall so I was thinking about what other degrees I might want to look into as well

This may be of interest-

http://nnsa.energy.gov/federalemployment/ourjobs

If you go aerospace, go areospace and mechanical if possible. All the good stuff is mechanical. Unless you LOVE CFD

1. What is a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree?

A Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree is a highly specialized scientist who has expertise in both aerospace engineering and weapon systems development. They use their knowledge of aircraft design, propulsion systems, and aerodynamics to create advanced weapons for military or defense purposes.

2. What are the job responsibilities of a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree?

The job responsibilities of a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree include designing and developing weapons, conducting research and testing, analyzing data, and collaborating with other engineers and scientists to create innovative weapon systems. They may also be responsible for project management and ensuring that weapons meet safety and performance standards.

3. What skills are required to become a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree?

To become a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree, one must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a deep understanding of aerospace engineering principles and weapon systems. They must also have excellent communication and teamwork skills, as they will often work with a team of engineers and scientists to develop weapons.

4. What kind of education and training is needed to become a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree?

To become a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or a related field. Some employers may also require a master's or doctoral degree in aerospace engineering or a related subject. Additionally, on-the-job training and experience in weapon systems development are often necessary.

5. What are the potential career opportunities for a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree?

A career as a Weapons Developer with an Aerospace Engineering Degree can lead to various opportunities in the aerospace and defense industries. They may work for government agencies, defense contractors, or private companies developing weapons for military or commercial purposes. With experience and advanced education, they may also move into leadership or management roles within their organization.