Science learning resources for visual thinkers

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of 3D images and animations for visual thinkers, and suggests resources for free 3D animations related to biochemistry, such as the Molecularium and Khan Academy YouTube channels, and the University of California - San Diego's channel. The person also mentions purchasing videos from Pearson Ed in the future.
CrimpJiggler
I'm a visual thinker and I use 3D images and animations in my head to think about scientific concepts. Learning is a thousand times easier when accurate, 3D representations are provided for me. I found these videos:
http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/videos2.php
which are BRILLIANT! That quantum mechanics series provides ways to think about mathematical concepts visually which is essentially for me since I can only think about things visually. On youtube I came across some really good biochemistry related 3D animations but when I tried to find the full video I see it is a commercial video made by Pearson Ed. I'm going to buy some of their videos someday soon but until then I'm looking for more free videos like those cassiopeia project ones. Anyone know any?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're looking for free 3D animations related to biochemistry, you might try checking out YouTube channels like Molecularium, which has 3D animations about the structure and function of molecules in the body. You could also check out Khan Academy's Chemistry section, which includes interactive 3D models and diagrams. Additionally, the University of California - San Diego's YouTube channel has a few videos with 3D animations about biochemistry topics, such as DNA replication.

1. What are some examples of science learning resources for visual thinkers?

Some examples of science learning resources for visual thinkers include interactive videos, simulations, infographics, and virtual reality experiences.

2. How can visual learning resources be effective for science education?

Visual learning resources can be effective for science education because they can help students visualize complex concepts, engage multiple senses, and make connections between abstract ideas and real-world examples.

3. Are there any specific science subjects that are best taught using visual learning resources?

While all science subjects can benefit from visual learning resources, subjects such as biology, anatomy, and astronomy often lend themselves well to visual representation due to their visual nature.

4. Are there any free science learning resources available for visual thinkers?

Yes, there are many free science learning resources available for visual thinkers, including websites, apps, and online courses. Some examples include Khan Academy, PhET Interactive Simulations, and NASA's Visualizations.

5. How can teachers incorporate visual learning resources into their science lessons?

Teachers can incorporate visual learning resources into their science lessons by using them as aids for lectures, assigning them as independent study activities, or incorporating them into hands-on activities and experiments. They can also encourage students to create their own visual representations of scientific concepts as a form of assessment.