Make A Heavy Smoke Bomb: What You Need To Know

• Thread starter Automagman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bomb Smoke
In summary, a user on a forum for serious chemists asked about creating a thick smoke bomb using potassium nitrate and sugar. Another user warned about the dangers of high concentrations and using too much limiting reagent. The original poster shared a link to a website with information on making smoke bombs, but other users deemed the conversation inappropriate for the forum.
Automagman
Hey, before I get started, I know this is a forum for serious chemists and not punk ass kids who want to screw around, but oh well.

I tried the 6 part potassium nitrate and 4 part sugar smoke bomb and I was greatly disappointed. I have used those pre-manufactered smoke bombs that use about a half a gram of reactants and give off enough smoke to fill a garage. I would probably need 5 or 6 grams of Sugar and KNO3 to fill a garage.

What do i need to make a heavy/thick/dense smoke bomb?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Im a punk ass kid who wants to screw around :D

Alright I am only telling you this since it was told to me. Again I am serious when I say that it is VERY VERY dangerous if there
1) The concentrations are too high
2) To much limiting reagent is used.

But here it is...

*deleted*

Again only for inrofmative purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think that it was necessary to tell him this information; if he wished to understand any of the chemical theories behind the smoke bomb he would have asked specific questions. There's plenty of information out there on smoke bombs, nevertheless these questions have no educational value whatsoever and inappropriate here at PF.

GeneralChemTutor said:
these questions have no educational value whatsoever and inappropriate here at PF.
Agreed, closing thread.

What materials do I need to make a heavy smoke bomb?

To make a heavy smoke bomb, you will need potassium nitrate, sugar, baking soda, powdered dye, a fuse, and a container to mold the bomb.

What is the process for making a heavy smoke bomb?

The process for making a heavy smoke bomb involves mixing equal parts of potassium nitrate and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until it forms a liquid. Then, add in a small amount of baking soda and your desired powdered dye. Pour the mixture into a container and insert a fuse. Let it cool and harden before removing it from the container.

Is it safe to make a heavy smoke bomb at home?

It is not recommended to make a heavy smoke bomb at home as it involves the use of potentially hazardous materials and can be dangerous if not done properly. It is best to purchase smoke bombs from a trusted supplier.

How long do heavy smoke bombs last?

The duration of a heavy smoke bomb will depend on its size and the amount of ingredients used. On average, a heavy smoke bomb can last anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes.

Are there any precautions I should take when using a heavy smoke bomb?

Yes, it is important to use heavy smoke bombs in a well-ventilated outdoor area and keep a safe distance from the bomb when it is lit. It is also important to wear protective gear such as gloves and safety glasses when handling the ingredients. Always follow the instructions carefully and do not leave the bomb unattended.