Odd Number Possibilities with a Die: 50% (2 Rolls)

• Thread starter Hepic
  • Start date
In summary, when playing with a die, there is a 50% chance of getting an odd number. If the die is rolled twice, there is a 25% chance of getting two odd numbers, 25% chance of two even numbers, and a 50% chance of getting one of each. This means that the probability of getting at least one odd number is 75%. To calculate this, you can either write out all 36 combinations or think of it as 100% minus the probability of getting both even, which is 100% - 50% x 50% = 100% - 25% = 75%. However, if the die is rolled three times, the probability of getting at least
Hepic
To bring odd number with a die,is 50%.
If I play with the die two times,how possibilities I have to bring odd number?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
There would be a 25% chance of getting two odd numbers, 25% chance of two even numbers and a 50% chance of getting one of each. So the probability of getting at least one odd number would be 75%.

Yea,I am talking about bringing at least one time "odds".
How we find the 75%?

Well you can write out all 36 combinations and add them up. Or you can think of it as 100% less the probabability of getting both even which is 100% - 50%x50% = 100%-25%=75%

So If I undestood good,If I play "3" times,for the same result,I have 83,3333%.

Right?

No, apparently you didn't understand at all. The probability of getting all three even is [itex](1/2)^3= 1/8= 0.125[/itex] so the probability of "at least one head in three rolls" is [itex]1- 0.125= 0.875[/itex].

1. What is the probability of rolling an odd number with one roll of a die?

The probability of rolling an odd number with one roll of a die is 50%, as there are 3 odd numbers (1, 3, and 5) out of a total of 6 possible outcomes.

2. What is the probability of rolling an odd number twice in a row with two rolls of a die?

The probability of rolling an odd number twice in a row with two rolls of a die is also 50%, as each roll is independent of the other and the probability remains the same for each roll.

3. What is the probability of rolling an even number once and an odd number once with two rolls of a die?

The probability of rolling an even number once and an odd number once with two rolls of a die is also 50%, as each roll is independent of the other and the probability of rolling an even number is also 50%.

4. Is it possible to roll an odd number three times in a row with three rolls of a die?

Yes, it is possible to roll an odd number three times in a row with three rolls of a die, but the probability of this happening is lower at 12.5% (0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5).

5. What is the probability of rolling exactly three odd numbers with six rolls of a die?

The probability of rolling exactly three odd numbers with six rolls of a die is approximately 31.25%. This can be calculated by using the binomial distribution formula, where n=6 (number of trials), x=3 (number of successes), and p=0.5 (probability of success).