Librarians Online Chat: Finding Reliable Resources 24/7

• Thread starter Asdreue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chat
In summary, the conversation revolves around the need for an online chat platform to integrate into a library, with the speaker expressing their preference for Rumbletalk as a solution.
Asdreue
I like to have an online chat on my reading rooms to access immediate and reliable information from librarians anytime 24/7. I have tried RumbleTalk and Flashcat which help with quick reference by sharing Internet and library sources but lack of third party capability, any suggestions?

Science news on Phys.org
Are you asking for a chat platform to integrate into your library? I assume you are an administrator?

Sorry, it took me a while, but just for you to know, I am still looking for a suitable chat room for my site any help will be most appreciated.

You were asked for a clarification, but you have failed to provide one. No way to help you not knowing what the question is.

Yes, I have been looking for a chat platform.

Well I was lucky enough then to find it on my own. I started using Rumbletalk just for you to know and it is great! Basically it is the best embed chat application.

Attachments

• 2014-03-13_2101.png
    2014-03-13_2101.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 538

What is "Librarians Online Chat"?

"Librarians Online Chat" is a service provided by libraries where users can chat with a librarian in real-time to get help finding reliable resources.

Why is it important to have access to reliable resources 24/7?

In today's fast-paced world, having access to reliable resources 24/7 is crucial for completing assignments, conducting research, and staying informed on current events.

How can I access "Librarians Online Chat"?

Most libraries have a link to their online chat service on their website. You can also search for "Librarians Online Chat" followed by the name of your library to find the direct link.

What type of questions can I ask the librarians on "Librarians Online Chat"?

You can ask any question related to finding reliable resources, such as how to search for specific topics, how to evaluate sources, and how to cite sources properly.

Is "Librarians Online Chat" free to use?

Yes, most libraries offer "Librarians Online Chat" as a free service to their users. However, some may require you to have a library card or be a student at the institution to use the service.