Disney World PF Gathering and Tips for Disney Mania!

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: This couscous and tagine restaurant is quite popular and usually has a long wait. Try coming at night when it’s less crowded.9. Yacht Club at the Epcot resort – This club has a beautiful view of the fireworks show at Epcot. However, this is a “resort” so it’s quite pricey. You may be able to get in if you call the club in advance and ask if there are any openings.10. The Living Seas – Usually there are long lines for this aquarium, but it’s worth the wait. You get to see all kinds of neat fish and amphibians.
That's funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
A movie for Zapper's disney trip. :biggrin:
Geez, it doesn't take you long to develop an addiction, does it? :tongue:

Evo said:
A movie for Zapper's disney trip. :biggrin:

http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2414218

I think you have waaaaay too much time on your hands, Evo... and a vivid imagination too.

And as for Moonbear's offer, it looks like I will have to keep a look-out for photographers. They will have an easier chance if I wear those ears while I'm driving, but I'm not going to. I don't think the security guards will let me into the grounds if I wear such a thing - don't want them to know how nutty I am. :) I'll wear 'em when I'm safely in. Besides, the people in my division already know of my addiction. :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I think you have waaaaay too much time on your hands, Evo... and a vivid imagination too.

Zz.
You didn't like it. :frown:

Oh, you probably didn't see the other movies. Several of us were making movies in the "threadkillers thread" last night. This makes more sense if you see the others first, well no, I guess it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
You didn't like it. :frown:

I liked it! :)

I'm back home. While I was waiting for my plane at the Knoxville airport, I saw a bunch of people getting off the plane with Disney stuff. So I made a bee line to them and asked if they just came back from Disney World. Well of course they did! So we spent the next 5 minutes just yapping away what they did, what they saw, and how I will be going there next week. A girl proceeded to tell me what to do and stuff till I had to stop her and tell her that I have an annual pass and go there several times a year.

I don't know if the look of hate on her face is because I cut her off, or if she's envious that I go there that often. :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
A girl proceeded to tell me what to do and stuff till I had to stop her and tell her that I have an annual pass and go there several times a year.

I don't know if the look of hate on her face is because I cut her off, or if she's envious that I go there that often. :)

Zz.
:biggrin: How old was she?

Evo said:
:biggrin: How old was she?

I'm guessing she was 9 or 10... She was clutching at a stuffed Minnie. :)

Zz.

At least she didn't cry. That's the last thing you want to happen :rolleyes:

ZapperZ said:

Zz.
You old meanie! :rofl:

Look what you did to her! now she's on an embarassing TV show just to get by and getting more hated by people everyday!

http://www.rowdyruff.net/images/fanart/heavy/buttercup-sad.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:

Zz.

Aww, poor kid! Yep, definitely jealous that you get to go so often (well, anyone would be, right?)

As soon as I can sort out any potentially conflicting August-September travel and experiments (I don't usually like to make too many trips back-to-back if I can avoid it) I'll decide if I'm going to join you in September or January, but you are seriously convincing me this will be a great way to meet some fellow PFers (or even just one willing to go on the Dumbo ride with me :biggrin:). Well, 'cuz if you all turn out to be jerks in person, I can still enjoy Disney all by myself! :tongue: (I dont' expect that to happen though. :cool:)

Moonbear said:
As soon as I can sort out any potentially conflicting August-September travel and experiments (I don't usually like to make too many trips back-to-back if I can avoid it) I'll decide if I'm going to join you in September or January, but you are seriously convincing me this will be a great way to meet some fellow PFers (or even just one willing to go on the Dumbo ride with me :biggrin:). Well, 'cuz if you all turn out to be jerks in person, I can still enjoy Disney all by myself! :tongue: (I dont' expect that to happen though. :cool:)

Exactly! :)

I will expect you to let me know as soon as you can if you can make it for Sept./Labor Day week. I will then make my arrangements. However, at this point, I'm 80% certain that I will be going back to Disney World for Labor Day week (a couple of us renew our Annual Pass on this trip).

One thing that I didn't mention is that if you're into Disney merchandize (and I am), you get to see the beginning of their new line if you go over the labor day week. It seems that they introduce the new stuff for the next year during this time. So you'll see stuff you haven't seen if you came in earlier in the summer (like I do).

And if you're into collecting Disney Pins, they have this thing call Disney Pin Pursuit during that time of the year. You get a game card, get stamps from the various locations throughout disney world, and at the end, you get a prize pin for completing the pursuit (something like a scavenger hunt). If you go with us, it will be a snap to get all the stamps. We also collect all the various pins shown on the game card along the way (optional). They are sneaky in the sense that each location carries a number of pins available exclusively only at that location and nowhere else in Disney World (or in the world, for that matter, except maybe on e-bay).

As can be seen, they have a number of ways for you to part with your money. That's why we know why disney has the Disney/MGM Studios. The "MGM" actually stands for "Money-Grabbing Mouse"! :)

Zz.

Pooh and Me

OK, as promised before I left for the PAC conference, here's a picture with me in it. If anyone turned into a pillar of salt, I am not to be blamed.

There is a story behind this. It was the trip from June 2002. We were resting around the lagoon entrance at Epcot when the character bus came by and out comes all the Disney characters! Most of the people made a bee line for the "famous" ones such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. I, on the other hand, went straight to one of my favorites (after Donald, that is, who already had a long line waiting to get a picture with him) - Pooh Bear![1]

A line was already forming in front of me, consisting of 2 kids (around 8 or 9 years old). So I was third in line to have my picture taken. As I was waiting, a couple of other kids started to cut in in front of me! (the nerve!). So I politely (in my kinda way) told them that I was already in line and gently pushed them aside (don't want to be too rough since the parents are likely to be nearby). They said "Oh, we didn't know you're also taking pictures with Pooh!". Well, damn right I was! And here's the proof!

[No extra points in correctly guessing which one is Pooh and which one is me]

Zz.

[1] As most of you Disney fans know, Pooh Bear (and the rest of the Pooh Bear characters) are under license by the Walt Disney Corp. in North America. So he is not one of the original Disney character, the so-called Fab Five: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Daisy and other characters came much later.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
OK, as promised before I left for the PAC conference, here's a picture with me in it. If anyone turned into a pillar of salt, I am not to be blamed.
Whoa, ZapperZ is a hottie! :tongue2: Pillar of salt... :rolleyes:

As I was waiting, a couple of other kids started to cut in in front of me! (the nerve!). So I politely (in my kinda way) told them that I was already in line and gently pushed them aside
The way I heard it both children had to be air lifted out on backboards. :wink:

Evo said:
Whoa, ZapperZ is a hottie! :tongue2: Pillar of salt... :rolleyes:

<blush>

The way I heard it both children had to be air lifted out on backboards. :wink:

Hey, have you been talking to their mothers? I keep telling them that those were just minor bruises!

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Hey, have you been talking to their mothers? I keep telling them that those were just minor bruises!

Zz.
They had it coming to them. :devil:

Ooh, Zz has very nice hands and legs. :approve:

Zz almost looks like a crazy scientist too!

ZapperZ said:
OK, as promised before I left for the PAC conference, here's a picture with me in it.
You bastard! Yet another whom I have looked upon as an aged fountain of wisdom turns out to be younger than my socks.

I must point out, for the sake of saving face, that Winnie is Canuk. It was a bear cub at the Winnipeg zoo that prompted the story in the first place. Hence the name.

z-component said:
Zz almost looks like a crazy scientist too!

I just don't know. After seeing that photo, I was thinking we might have to question his credentials. No sandals, no black socks, no plaid shirt. :uhh: About the only thing that gives it away is the backpack slung over his shoulder. Yeah, I always bring along a backpack to amusement parks too, and then everyone else who realizes they should have done so too hands me all their crap to carry. I also make sure I have at least one 2 gallon ziploc bag in there so things like cameras, cell phones, and wallets can go in the bag for water rides; I HATE walking around with wet sneakers for the rest of the day after going on a water ride too, so those also go in the backpack for water rides. And what's with all the guys around here wearing sunglasses in their photos? :cool: I'm going to have to modify my offer to the PF Papparazzi: any photos obtained of the physicist in mouse ears MUST show his eyes! :biggrin:

Danger said:
You bastard! Yet another whom I have looked upon as an aged fountain of wisdom turns out to be younger than my socks.

Don't let the look fool you. Remember, that was at Disney World. There is a well-known and well-documented effect that everyone looks 15 to 20 years younger once you step onto its grounds. I'm actually old and wringkly with a big hump on my back. I go to Disney World as often as I can to look young and pretty.

Zz.

I guess what's most notable about Zz is his "normal" hair. I thought all crazy scientists have crazy hair!

z-component said:
I guess what's most notable about Zz is his "normal" hair. I thought all crazy scientists have crazy hair!

You should see me in the morning before I get in the shower. I always wake up thinking that I will be having a bad hair day! :)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
You should see me in the morning before I get in the shower. I always wake up thinking that I will be having a bad hair day! :)

Zz.
I like the "wild hair" look. :tongue2:

Illumination

I've written about this in my list at the beginning of this thread, but I don't think I can emphasize it enough. If you ever get to Disney World, you MUST, MUST, MUST NOT miss Illuminations at Epcot.

This has got to be THE best fireworks-lights spectacle shown every night. The unbelievable timing with the music, and the music itself, haven't been matched anywhere else. Even the new lights and fireworks show Wishes at the Magic Kingdom cannot match the whole package of Illuminations.

I typically see this at least twice on every trip to Disney World. I have at least 4 different video recordings of it that I've edited to include the original music that accompanied the show (you can buy the CD at the theme parks). There's a slight tweaking and differences from year to year, but the whole concept is still as rousing as ever.

So, if you are ever at Disney World, don't forget. At 9:00 pm, be at the entrance to the lagoon, which is the best place to view the best nightly show anywhere.

[5 more days to Disney World and counting...]

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I've written about this in my list at the beginning of this thread, but I don't think I can emphasize it enough. If you ever get to Disney World, you MUST, MUST, MUST NOT miss Illuminations at Epcot.

This has got to be THE best fireworks-lights spectacle shown every night. The unbelievable timing with the music, and the music itself, haven't been matched anywhere else. Even the new lights and fireworks show Wishes at the Magic Kingdom cannot match the whole package of Illuminations.

I typically see this at least twice on every trip to Disney World. I have at least 4 different video recordings of it that I've edited to include the original music that accompanied the show (you can buy the CD at the theme parks). There's a slight tweaking and differences from year to year, but the whole concept is still as rousing as ever.

So, if you are ever at Disney World, don't forget. At 9:00 pm, be at the entrance to the lagoon, which is the best place to view the best nightly show anywhere.

[5 more days to Disney World and counting...]

Zz.

I've never seen the Epcot fireworks, but I love fireworks! We stayed for fireworks when I was there as a kid once, but that required a lot of begging and pleading. Now that my parents are even older and have even earlier bedtimes, there's no convincing them to stay past dark. :frown: That's why I really need to go with someone else! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I've never seen the Epcot fireworks, but I love fireworks! We stayed for fireworks when I was there as a kid once, but that required a lot of begging and pleading. Now that my parents are even older and have even earlier bedtimes, there's no convincing them to stay past dark. :frown: That's why I really need to go with someone else! :biggrin:

Moonbie dear, you and I are going to have a blast together at Disney World. And if Evo comes with us, they'b better hold on to themselves. We'll be the loudest people ever on the Dumbo ride! :)

Zz.

Aww, that'd make a great picture!

ZapperZ said:
Moonbie dear, you and I are going to have a blast together at Disney World. And if Evo comes with us, they'b better hold on to themselves. We'll be the loudest people ever on the Dumbo ride! :)

Zz.

Woo hoo!

Mickey On Parade

During the 2003-2004 Holiday/New Year season, there was a large number of Mickey figures decorated in various fashion as part of the Mickey On Parade festival. This was part of what was shown outside of the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. A part of what was shown here went on a "road tour" across various parts of the US (a couple of dozens made it to Chicago and was displayed along Michigan Ave).

Zz.

Last edited:
ZapperZ said:
During the 2003-2004 Holiday/New Year season, there was a large number of Mickey figures decorated in various fashion as part of the Mickey On Parade festival. This was part of what was shown outside of the Magic Kingdom at Disney World. A part of what was shown here went on a "road tour" across various parts of the US (a couple of dozens made it to Chicago and was displayed along Michigan Ave).

Zz.
They stole the idea from "cows on parade"!

I love fireworks.

ZapperZ said:
Moonbie dear, you and I are going to have a blast together at Disney World. And if Evo comes with us, we can make her hold all of our stuff while we go on the rides (we'll just give her a turkey leg once in awhile to keep her amused).
:cry:

Evo said:
:cry:

Whoa! You did quite a bit of "creative editing" there, Evo!

If you've ever had one of their turkey legs, you would immediately know that this isn't a bad thing. Once you have the juices running down towards your elbow, you'll know you want this everytime you get here!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

If you've ever had one of their turkey legs, you would immediately know that this isn't a bad thing. Once you have the juices running down towards your elbow, you'll know you want this everytime you get here!

Zz.

And since she and Danger are both afraid of heights, we should get Danger to come along too so she has company sitting on the ground holding all our stuff. See, Evo, I'm thinking of you. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
And since she and Danger are both afraid of heights, we should get Danger to come along too so she has company sitting on the ground holding all our stuff. See, Evo, I'm thinking of you. :biggrin:
:frown:

ZapperZ said:
Creative license. :wink:

Disney Motion

OK, just to amuse ourselves, go here:

http://disney.go.com/disneymotion/showcase/index.html

If you can tolerate the Bear singing at the beginning of each segment (or other trailers that you can't skip), click on the Attractions tab. These "previews" are done quite well.

Zz.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering is an annual event where fans of Disney and its theme parks come together to share their love for all things Disney. It is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, and enjoy the magic of Disney World.</p><h2>2. When and where does the Disney World PF Gathering take place?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering usually takes place in the summer months, typically in July or August. The exact dates and location may vary from year to year, so it is best to stay updated through the official Disney World PF Gathering website or social media pages.</p><h2>3. How can I attend the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>To attend the Disney World PF Gathering, you will need to purchase a ticket through the official website. Tickets usually go on sale a few months before the event and can sell out quickly, so it is important to plan ahead and secure your ticket early.</p><h2>4. What can I expect at the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>The Disney World PF Gathering is a fun-filled event with a variety of activities such as panel discussions, meet and greets with Disney celebrities, workshops, and group outings to the theme parks. There will also be opportunities to purchase exclusive merchandise and participate in special events and contests.</p><h2>5. Do you have any tips for first-time attendees of the Disney World PF Gathering?</h2><p>Yes, here are a few tips to make the most out of your experience at the Disney World PF Gathering: 1) Plan ahead and purchase your ticket early, 2) Follow the official social media pages for updates and announcements, 3) Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the theme parks, 4) Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other attendees, and 5) Have fun and embrace the Disney magic!</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Disney World PF Gathering?

The Disney World PF Gathering is an annual event where fans of Disney and its theme parks come together to share their love for all things Disney. It is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, and enjoy the magic of Disney World.

2. When and where does the Disney World PF Gathering take place?

The Disney World PF Gathering usually takes place in the summer months, typically in July or August. The exact dates and location may vary from year to year, so it is best to stay updated through the official Disney World PF Gathering website or social media pages.

3. How can I attend the Disney World PF Gathering?

To attend the Disney World PF Gathering, you will need to purchase a ticket through the official website. Tickets usually go on sale a few months before the event and can sell out quickly, so it is important to plan ahead and secure your ticket early.

4. What can I expect at the Disney World PF Gathering?

The Disney World PF Gathering is a fun-filled event with a variety of activities such as panel discussions, meet and greets with Disney celebrities, workshops, and group outings to the theme parks. There will also be opportunities to purchase exclusive merchandise and participate in special events and contests.

5. Do you have any tips for first-time attendees of the Disney World PF Gathering?

Yes, here are a few tips to make the most out of your experience at the Disney World PF Gathering: 1) Plan ahead and purchase your ticket early, 2) Follow the official social media pages for updates and announcements, 3) Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the theme parks, 4) Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other attendees, and 5) Have fun and embrace the Disney magic!