What is your preference: Long Hair or Short Hair for Guys?

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair Short
In summary: I don't think he is. I think he has some pretty decent hair, actually.In summary, guys can post on the poll. It is separated so we know what guys and girls think. Guys who vote are not considered gay. Be mature about it.

Guys should have?

• I'm a girl and I think guys should have short hair.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I'm a girl and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I'm a girl and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I'm a girl and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I'm a guy and I think guys should have short hair.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • I'm a guy and I think guys should have medium (middle of forehead) hair.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I'm a guy and I think guys should have long (past the eyebrows) hair.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I'm a guy and I think guys should have really long (past the nose) hair.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Guys can post on the poll. It is separated so we know what guys and girls think.

I'm a guy and I think we should have short hair. I have long hair myself, which goes past my eyebrows. I personally want it to reach the bottom of my eyes.

I really like short hair, but long hair feels good.

So, how do you like it?

Note: Guys who vote are not considered gay. Be mature about it.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
For men or women?

For men. I think it depends on the person, but there wasn't that option, so I didn't vote.

i like to have really long but i don't look good in that. that's why i have short though i don't like it.

I have short hair during the summer only. I like my long beautiful locks. I am not really sure as how to answer the question, because I don't really check out a guy's hair, and I don't really have no preference as far as length goes for women either. Except if a woman's hair is really short (less than 2"), or extremely long (going way down their back), then I don't like that. Style is much more important than length imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love long hair, but not if its comming from the nose or ears. :smile:
My second choice would be bald.

The wonderful thing in this day and age is that there is little or no (in the US) cultral pressure about hair length, you are pretty much free to choose your length. In the 50s and early 60s there were no options. I voted for long hair, but really it is, as it should be completely up to the individual.

Long hair rules! wooohOOoo!
http://members.aol.com/Revolver73/august96.gif [Broken]

I prefer men with short hair (not a buzz cut though, maybe about an inch long or so), if that's the question you're asking. But if you're asking what they should do, then they should do whatever they like since it's their hair.

Likes gracy
Before I joined the military I used to wear my hair short in the summer and then let it grow from fall to spring (I worked construction and a long hair isn't that great when it's hot).

Since retiring, I've sometimes let my hair start growing longer, since I can and change would be different - I just can't get past that mid-range stage where it just looks horrible and feels uncomfortable, to boot.

It depends on the person.

Something just occurred to me...what sort of hairstyle are you wearing that you're measuring hair by whether it's past your eyebrows or nose? :rofl: I definitely prefer a guy who keeps his hair combed out of his face. :tongue: I usually go by how far past the back of your neck it is. I prefer they styles that keep it short enough that the back of your neck is bare. Medium length to me would be covering your neck, but only as far as your shoulders, and long hair would be down your back past your shoulders.

Likes gracy
The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head. It's kind of like hockey hair. When I wear my hat, the hair like curls up around it.

I'm Canadian, so hockey hair is good. :P

JasonRox said:
The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head. It's kind of like hockey hair. When I wear my hat, the hair like curls up around it.

I'm Canadian, so hockey hair is good. :P

is this hockey hair? Where I come from we call this a mullet:

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/motw/images/ProfileImage.jpg [Broken]

:rofl: that is a great pic MIH

I think thought Jason's hair is the other way around though. He said: "The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head"

mattmns said:
:rofl: that is a great pic MIH

I think thought Jason's hair is the other way around though. He said: "The hair on my head is longer than the hair behind my head"

oh, I got totally confused. :redface: Actually the first time I read it I thought it said the hair on his head is longer than the hair on his behind. :biggrin: :redface: I really need glasses!

I would certainly hope that it was not the other way around, unless he was bald :smile:

oooh the mullets...i cringe when i see one...

Haha... no not a mullet. You got it the other way around.

I only like my hair with a hat on really, or after taking a shower because my hair goes everywhere. :)

I used to have it short all the time, but I'm liking this a lot better.

Note: That guy has an ugly mullet.

In general (but not always), I think guys with short hair are sexier than guys with long hair. So, I voted for short hair..

Note:
I am a guy, I have voted, and yet, you may consider me to be gay.

Last edited:
arildno said:
In general (but not always), I think guys with short hair are sexier than guys with long hair. So, I voted for short hair..

Note:
I am a guy, I have voted, and yet, you may consider me to be gay.
They are definitely more sexier.

*purr*

Mk said:
*purr*
Quite so.. :approve:

A bit of length is good on a guy... :wink:
(sorry, but someone had to slip in a terrible joke like that)

I'm not voting, because no hair do suits everyone. Some guys look dead sexy with long hair, and some look better pretty much bald.
I prefer my own hair long. Last week it was half way down my back, but I got it trimmed to about shoulder length.

matthyaouw said:
A bit of length is good on a guy... :wink:
(sorry, but someone had to slip in a terrible joke like that).
It doesn't hurt* with a fair bit of full, glossy, vibrant thickness either..
Even worse, I guess..

*Actually, it can..Oops, digressing again..

Oh dear, I've never seen a thread sink so low so fast :biggrin: :rofl:

matthyaouw said:
Oh dear, I've never seen a thread sink so low so fast :biggrin: :rofl:
It's your fault, I can't help myself.
Gobble.

arildno said:
It's your fault, I can't help myself.
Gobble.
It's true. He can't. Thank goodness. :biggrin:

It really shouldn't matter as long as the hair is clean and well groomed. True, short hair is more manageable and takes much less effort to clean and groom.

Until 10 days ago, I had long hair, over the collar and over the nose, if I let it fall over my face. BTW - I don't like hair in my face, and that is why I would wear a bandana or ponytail.

I was told to get my hair cut because I was participating in person in a meeting with some high level managers (including VPs) at a client's location, and I was told to look respectable - even a ponytail was unacceptable.

Well, when I showed up at the meeting, I was told long hair would be OK if I keep it over/behind my ears ( :rolleyes: ), which I can do if I put in a ponytail, or where a bandana. My conservative managers and others in the industry would prefer I not wear a bandana. :biggrin:

I get mixed reviews from people - the more conservative or older like the short hair, while the more liberal and younger seem to find the long hair OK. It's more a cultural, than age, thing though.

Astronuc said:
It really shouldn't matter as long as the hair is clean and well groomed. True, short hair is more manageable and takes much less effort to clean and groom.

Until 10 days ago, I had long hair, over the collar and over the nose, if I let it fall over my face. BTW - I don't like hair in my face, and that is why I would wear a banana or ponytail.

I was told to get my hair cut because I was participating in person in a meeting with some high level managers (including VPs) at a client's location, and I was told to look respectable - even a ponytail was unacceptable.

Well, when I showed up at the meeting, I was told long hair would be OK if I keep it over/behind my ears ( :rolleyes: ), which I can do if I put in a ponytail, or wear a banana. My conservative managers and others in the industry would prefer I not wear a banana. :biggrin:

I get mixed reviews from people - the more conservative or older like the short hair, while the more liberal and younger seem to find the long hair OK. It's more a cultural, than age, thing though.
Interesting; just cleaning up a few typing errors..

I'm going to agree, hair in the face is so annoying, espescially when trying to eat. Unfortunately, I think I look a bit silly in a bandana or ponytail (or pigtails, for that matter) :grumpy:

Likes gracy
I once considered a scalp lock like the Cossack's, as in Yul Brynner (e.g. see the movie, Taras Bulba (1962)). :biggrin:

Well, I never claimed to be 'normal'. :biggrin:

Maybe someday.

Math Is Hard said:
Long hair rules! wooohOOoo!
Who is that, Sebastian Bach? If I didn't already know he was male, there'd be no way to tell with him having his arms folded across his chest. :uhh:

Likes gracy
russ_watters said:
Who is that, Sebastian Bach? If I didn't already know he was male, there'd be no way to tell with him having his arms folded across his chest. :uhh:
Yes! You guessed it! :smile:

russ_watters said:
Oh, yes, you just don't pay enough attention to the male physique.
Look at the wrists, for example: Manly, angular wrists, can't be mistaken (that's how you tell a guy in drag apart from a gal..).
Same with the chin, and lots of other tell-tale signs.

Typically, the male body tends towards the jagged, angular and rectilinear, wherea the female tends toward the curvaceous.

Last edited: