Automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Automatic
In summary, the inventor has invented an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher. The invention is good for public restrooms as it eliminates the need for the public to actually lift up the seat lid when nature calls. The patent office should be in the yellow pages.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have invented an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and
flusher. how do i go about marketing my invention.

Physics news on Phys.org
whoa sweet! They need those in public restrooms so that the public doesn't have to actually lift up the seat lid when nature calls! (I always end up using my foot if I have no other choice but to go).

First I'd copyright it, then go to big companies and tell them to give you money.

rocketboy said:
whoa sweet! They need those in public restrooms so that the public doesn't have to actually lift up the seat lid when nature calls! (I always end up using my foot if I have no other choice but to go).

Same with me that's why i thought it up, the only problem i have is the activation commands, i thought--------------------
FEMALE, lid lifts, FINISH, lid closes and flush activates.
MALE NO 1, lid and seat lifts, FINISH, lid/seat closes and flush activates
MALE NO 2 lid lifts, FINISH, lid closes flush activates.

I also thought about a pure numerical activation code, but i think that would
take to long to read, and cause mishaps.

Cool idea, but you'd want to patent it, not copywrite it. Also, you'll have to consider command codes for things like: DRUNK! START THE PORCELIN BUS!; or EMERGENCY OPEN!; Or, if the family dog is allowed to drink from it: 1 BARK to open & 2 BARKS to close. But then you may be having to get into the whole voice recognition thing. I can see it now; Junior badly has to go, but puberty is kicking in and his voice is starting to change and the toilet won't recognize his voice! Okay, so maybe I've gone a little off the deep end. It's still a cool idea.

wolram said:
I have invented an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and
flusher. how do i go about marketing my invention.
Ooooh, we can combine that with my heated toilet seat, it's a very clever idea, non-electric (don't want any mishaps) :uhh:

You have no idea how much women need a heated toilet seat in the winter.

I invented the tootsie roll blow pop, in a dream, long before they put it on the market. :devil: They owe me millions!

well, I think home depot has one of those, but with a seat warmer and a jet of water that, well, 'cleans' you. :redface:

GarageTinker said:
Cool idea, but you'd want to patent it, not copywrite it. Also, you'll have to consider command codes for things like: DRUNK! START THE PORCELIN BUS!; or EMERGENCY OPEN!; Or, if the family dog is allowed to drink from it: 1 BARK to open & 2 BARKS to close. But then you may be having to get into the whole voice recognition thing. I can see it now; Junior badly has to go, but puberty is kicking in and his voice is starting to change and the toilet won't recognize his voice! Okay, so maybe I've gone a little off the deep end. It's still a cool idea.
:rofl:
I hadn't thought about oral ejection, Hmm, and some times the last thing you
want to do is open your mouth.

Evo said:
Ooooh, we can combine that with my heated toilet seat, it's a very clever idea, non-electric (don't want any mishaps) :uhh:

You have no idea how much women need a heated toilet seat in the winter.

I invented the tootsie roll blow pop, in a dream, long before they put it on the market. :devil: They owe me millions!

My idea works on 24 ac so it is safe.

Heated toilet seats ?? I would have to do some sort of survey to find out if the
extra cost is justified.

Tootsie roll blow pop ? is that sherry nice. :rolleyes:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=290002&prod_num=4649&module=Toilet+Seats

Heated toilet seats are all ready on the market for $129 :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Japanese apparently already have all kinds of technology added to their toilets...
Wiki said:
High tech Japanese bidets
The modern toilet in Japan, commonly known in Japanese as Washlet (ウォシュレット) or as warm-water cleaning toilet seat (温水洗浄便座: onsui senjō benza) is the most advanced type of toilet worldwide, showing a dazzling array of features. The TOTO product Washlet Zoe is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's most sophisticated toilet with seven functions. However, as the model was introduced in 1997, it is now likely to be inferior to the latest model by Toto Neorest. The idea for the washlet came from abroad, and the first toilet seat with integrated bidet was produced outside of Japan in 1964. The age of the high-tech toilet in Japan started in 1980 with the introduction of the Washlet G Series by TOTO, and since then the product name washlet has been used to refer to all types of Japanese high-tech toilets. As of 2002, almost half of all private homes in Japan have such a toilet, exceeding the number of households with a personal computer. While the toilet looks like a Western-style toilet at first glance, there are a number of additional features, such as blow dryer, seat heating, massage options, water jet adjustments, automatic lid opening, flushing after use, wireless control panels, heating and air conditioning for the room, et cetera, included either as part of the toilet or in the seat. These features can be accessed by a control panel that is either attached to one side of the seat or on a wall nearby, often transmitting the commands wirelessly to the toilet seat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_toilet
Sorry Wolram... :redface:

TheStatutoryApe said:
The Japanese apparently already have all kinds of technology added to their toilets...

Sorry Wolram... :redface:

:cry: thanks TheStatutoryApe, blimey those japs must have some pampered
bums, i bet they have wide screen tvs in there as well :grumpy:

wolram said:
blimey those japs must have some pampered
bums, i bet they have wide screen tvs in there as well :grumpy:
They sure do! I saw this video yesterday and erm... nvm.

I hear it cleans your butt :D... wouldn't that mean your all wet thougH :(

Pengwuino said:
I hear it cleans your butt :D... wouldn't that mean your all wet thougH :(
I think it blow dries too.

Mk said:
I think it blow dries too.

The next thing is some invention so they do not have to go at all, think of
the time that will save. :biggrin:

What is an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher?

An automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher is a technology that allows a toilet seat to be opened and closed, as well as flushed, by using voice commands.

How does an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher work?

This technology uses voice recognition software to interpret spoken commands and control the opening, closing, and flushing of a toilet seat. The seat is equipped with sensors and motors that respond to the voice commands.

What are the benefits of using an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher?

Some potential benefits of using this technology include hands-free operation, improved hygiene, and convenience for individuals with limited mobility or dexterity.

Are there any drawbacks to using an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher?

One potential drawback is the reliance on voice commands, which may not always be accurately interpreted by the software. Additionally, this technology may not be suitable for all individuals, such as those with speech impairments.

Is an automatic voice activated loo seat opener/closer and flusher easy to install?

The ease of installation will depend on the specific product and its features. Some may require professional installation, while others may be easily installed by the user. It is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.