Hadron physics

by Hluf
Tags: hadron, physics
Hluf
Jan24-14, 02:02 AM
P: 20
I need to know the relation of wave function and vertex function of mesons. Any one give me an explanation of them. Are they same? in some journals their expressions are the same and in other papers the wave function expresses as a function of the vertex function of meson. Which one is the correct? THANK YOU!!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Mapping the road to quantum gravity
Chameleon crystals could enable active camouflage (w/ video)
Hawkwind
Jan27-14, 05:37 AM
P: 45
I find it difficult to get a clue what you are asking about. Vertex functions appear in renormalizable field theories in higher order pertubation theory as corrections to vertices in Feynman diagrams.

However, there is no such field theory dealing mesons as fundamental particles - the standard model is about quarks and leptons.

I don't see an obvious relation between these vertex functions and the wave function of a particle.

Can you give a link?
Hluf
Jan28-14, 07:19 AM
P: 20
For instance, on the leptonic decays of mesons, the Bethe-Salpeter wave function expresses in terms of the hadron quark-antiquark vertex function of mesons. see the following journal on google;

A.N. Mitra, S. Bhatnagar, Intl. J. Mod. Phys. A7, 121(1992)

Hawkwind
Jan28-14, 08:03 AM
P: 45

Hadron physics

Thanks for the link - interesting stuff. But I do not feel competent enough to comment on this.

Register to reply