Designer Dog Breeds: Poodle Hybrids

• Thread starter ~christina~
  • Start date
In summary: You can breed an Irish person with ANYONE on the planet and the result is a person that looks very Irish. That's a good thing. :!!)In summary, there are many different poodle hybrid dog breeds such as Aussiedoodle, Beagapoo, Bich-Poo, Boxerdoodle, Cairnoodle, Cavapoo, Chi-Poo, Cockapoo, Doodleman Pinscher, Doxipoo, English Boodle, Eskapoo, Goldendoodle, Labradoodle, Lhasapoo, Malti-Poo, Papoo, Pekepoo, Pomapoo, Poochon, Pugapoo, Saint Berdoodle, Schnoodle
~christina~
Gold Member
Poodle Hybrid Dog Breeds

Aussiedoodle - Australian Shepherd/Poodle

Beagapoo - Beagle/Poodle

Bich-Poo - Bichon/Poodle :rofl:

Boxerdoodle - Boxer/Poodle

Cairnoodle - Cairn Terrier/Poodle

Cavapoo - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Poodle

Chi-Poo - Chihuahua/Poodle

Cockapoo - Cocker Spaniel/Poodle

Doodleman Pinscher - Doberman/Standard Poodle

Doxipoo - Dachshund/Poodle

English Boodle - English Bulldog/Poodle :confused:

Eskapoo - American Eskimo Dog/Poodle

Goldendoodle - Golden Retriever/Poodle

Labradoodle - Labrador Retriever/Poodle

Lhasapoo - Lhasa Apso/Poodle

Malti-Poo - Maltese/Poodle

Papoo - Papillion/Poodle

Pekepoo - Pekingese/Poodle

Pomapoo - Pomeranian/Poodle

Poochon - Bichon Frise/Poodle

Pugapoo - Pug/Poodle :rofl:

Saint Berdoodle - Saint Bernard/Poodle :rofl:

Schnoodle - Schnauzer/Poodle

Scoodle - Scottish Terrier/Poodle

Shepadoodle - German Shepherd/Standard Poodle

Shih-Poo - Shih-Tzu/Poodle

Weimardoodle - Weimaraner/Poodle

Westiepoo - West Highland White Terrier/Poodle

Whoodles - Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier/Poodle

Yorkipoo - Yorkie/Poodle

Other Hybrid Dog Breeds

Bagle Hound - Basset Hound/Beagle

Boglen Terrier - Beagle/Boston Terrier

Beaglier - Beagle/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Brat - Boston Terrier/Rat Terrier

Cavachon - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Bichon Frise

Chiweenie - Chihuahua/Dachshund

Chug - Chihuahua/Pug

Cockalier - Cocker Spaniel/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Cocabichon - Cocker Spaniel/Bichon Frise

Goldador - Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever

Jack Chi - Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua

Jackabee - Jack Russell Terrier/Beagle

Mal-Shi - Maltese/Shih Tzu

Malti-Pom - Maltese/Pomeranian

Morkie (Malkie) - Maltese/Yorkshire Terrier

Pomchi - Pomeranian/Chihuahua

Peek -A-Pom - Pekingese/Pomeranian

Puggle - Pug/Beagle

Silkchon - Bichon Frise/Silky Terrier

Yorkie Apso - Yorkshire Terrier/Lhasa Apso

Yorktese - Yorkshire Terrier/Maltese

Zuchon - Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise

This is madness! Not to mention, those names are funny.
I looked up a few of the poodle hybrids and they all look the SAME!
What's interesting is that there isn't any standard look to them either. They don't look the same, (coat, snout .etc) and yet they call them all the same name.

I suspect that they brought some out of the shelter and named them poodle hybrids. (and people fell for it) :rolleyes:

I don't understand the excitement people have over designer breeds, and then pay out lots of money to buy them.

Physics news on Phys.org
One of my dogs is a shepard-husky-labrador. A Shepskador.

The other one is a pure chocolate labrador. A...chocolate labrador.

They're mutts. I like mutts, but don't think you should pay more for them.

They never look the same because they're all first generation crosses, the exact same kind you find at shelters. The Labradoodle actually had a good effort going in Australia working toward a breed standard for hypoallergenic guide dogs. But it was so difficult to get the coat right for that, plus the physical standard I'm not sure what exactly came of that effort. I do have a few choice words for people who throw two dogs with unknown genetic history together, watch them rut, and then say "PAY ME $2000 FOR A DESIGNER PUPPY!," but I won't say them here. :) Sorry, armchair-dog-breeder over here, I've done a ridiculous amount of reading on the subject (but never bred, myself).

I personally have a Welman Corpherd. (figger it out :P) My favorite name is for Rottweiler/Golden Retriever/Shih-Tzu/Poodle: Rotten Shihtpoo. :D

How about Rein-Westies and Rein-Donkeys?

Sparky005.jpg

Dobermann! :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Papihuahua = Pappilion/ Chihuahua or is that a
Chilion?
and a Pomhuahua = Pomerainian / Chihuahua Or
Chirainian?

We stick with the pure breeds. The only dogs I have ever had, was a mini-schnauzer and a toy poodle. That's all we will ever get too :biggrin: I love my baby! (12 year old toy poodle)

Integral said:
We have a Papihuahua = Pappilion/ Chihuahua or is that a
Chilion?
and a Pomhuahua = Pomerainian / Chihuahua Or
Chirainian?

:rofl:

On another note I notice that the last time I went to the shelter, to look for a cat, they actually named all the animals, some sort of breed mix.

Like calling a hound dog, a doberman/rottweiler mix. :rolleyes:

~christina~ said:
:rofl:

On another note I notice that the last time I went to the shelter, to look for a cat, they actually named all the animals, some sort of breed mix.

Like calling a hound dog, a doberman/rottweiler mix. :rolleyes:

That's really common at shelters, though I think they often say they're a lab/something else mix. I think that's to convince people that the mutt of unknown heritage might make a nice family dog because it MIGHT have some labrador in it.

Moonbear said:
That's really common at shelters, though I think they often say they're a lab/something else mix. I think that's to convince people that the mutt of unknown heritage might make a nice family dog because it MIGHT have some labrador in it.

If you breed a black lab with ANY dog in the world, the result is a dog that looks a lot like...a black lab.

Black labs are like Irish people (which is why I look totally Irish).

1. What is a designer dog breed?

A designer dog breed is a cross between two purebred dogs, typically a poodle and another breed. They are often bred for specific traits and can vary in appearance, size, and temperament.

2. Why are poodle hybrids popular?

Poodle hybrids are popular because they tend to inherit the non-shedding coat of the poodle, making them a hypoallergenic option for those with allergies. They also often have desirable traits from both parent breeds, making them an attractive choice for families.

3. What are some common poodle hybrids?

Some common poodle hybrids include the Goldendoodle (poodle + golden retriever), Labradoodle (poodle + Labrador retriever), and Cockapoo (poodle + Cocker Spaniel). However, there are many other poodle hybrids that exist.

4. Are poodle hybrids considered purebred?

No, poodle hybrids are not considered purebred as they are a cross between two different breeds. However, they can still be registered with certain organizations and have their own breed standards.

5. What should I consider before getting a poodle hybrid?

Before getting a poodle hybrid, it's important to do research on the specific breed and their potential health issues. It's also important to find a reputable breeder and ensure that the dog will be a good fit for your lifestyle and living space.

Back