Can I Undo 'Run As Administrator' on VS2012 After Losing Admin Rights on Server?

• Thread starter inotyce
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how the speaker has admin rights on a client machine and is able to check the "Run This Program As An Administrator" option in the properties tab for VS2012 devenv.exe. However, after turning off their admin rights on the server machine, they are unable to run the program without being prompted for a username and password. They are seeking advice on how to uncheck the option that they previously enabled on the Compatibility tab.
inotyce
I am on a client machine but I have admin rights to check and uncheck any applications that need to be run as an administrator. Now I open VS2012 devenv.exe properties page and choose Compatibility tab and check Run This Program As An Administrator. So everytime I run the program, it runs in administrative mode.

Then I turn off my current administrator rights from the server machine. I can not run the program anymore as it always asks for username and password. I would like to know how can I uncheck what I have checked ? Because the Compatibility tab has disabled my checkbox "Run This Program As An Administrator".

Computer science news on Phys.org
inotyce said:
Then I turn off my current administrator rights from the server machine.

I don't quite understand what this means. Exactly what operating systems are each machine running, and what happened on the server--precisely?

1. What are user rights in MSVS 2012?

User rights in MSVS 2012 refer to the level of access and permissions granted to a user for a specific software or program. These rights determine what actions and tasks a user can perform within the program, such as creating, editing, and deleting files, accessing certain features, and making changes to settings.

2. How can I manage user rights in MSVS 2012?

User rights in MSVS 2012 can be managed through the User Account Control (UAC) feature. This allows the administrator to control and assign different levels of access and permissions to individual users or groups. The UAC can be accessed through the Control Panel or by searching for "User Account Control" in the start menu.

3. What is the difference between administrator and standard user rights in MSVS 2012?

The main difference between administrator and standard user rights in MSVS 2012 is the level of control and access granted. Administrators have full control over the program and can make changes, install updates, and access all features. Standard users have limited access and can only perform certain tasks as determined by the administrator.

4. How can I change user rights in MSVS 2012?

To change user rights in MSVS 2012, the administrator can go to the User Accounts settings in the Control Panel. From there, they can select the user they want to modify and click on "Change account type." This will allow them to change the user from a standard user to an administrator or vice versa.

5. Can I customize user rights in MSVS 2012?

Yes, user rights in MSVS 2012 can be customized to fit the specific needs of an organization or project. The administrator can assign different levels of access and permissions to individual users or groups, as well as create custom user roles with specific rights and restrictions. This allows for more efficient and secure management of the program.