How can I find the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% ?

In summary, Borek is seeking assistance in finding an accurate specific heat value to calculate the heat load for designing a refrigerator. They question whether using the specific heat of Normal Saline, which is similar to pure water, would suffice. They also mention needing evidence to support this for their project. SteamKing suggests using the specific heat value for pure water as a conservative estimate, and provides a link for data on the properties of saline solutions.
Prin
I have to use this specific heat value to calculate the heat load for designing a machine as refrigerator.
Could you please help me to find accurate value.

ps. This normal saline is used for medication.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is within a few percent of pure water specific heat, won't it be enough?

Thank you for your attention,Borek.
You mean that I can use the specific heat of Normal Saline as equal as the specific heat of pure water.
and I've seen some website told like this,too. I found some results told that the properties is as same as pure water such as boiling point,melting point,..but
It's necessary to have a evidence to support this issue for my graduating bachelor degree's project.
please,help.

Thank you,SteamKing.

1. What is the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9%?

The specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% is approximately 0.998 calories per gram per degree Celsius (cal/g°C). This value may vary slightly depending on the temperature and composition of the solution.

2. How is the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% measured?

The specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% can be measured using a calorimeter, which is a device that measures the heat transfer between a substance and its surroundings. The change in temperature of the solution is measured and used to calculate the specific heat.

3. Why is it important to know the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9%?

The specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% is important in many scientific and medical applications. It is used to calculate the amount of energy needed to heat or cool the solution, and it is also important in determining the appropriate temperature for medical treatments or experiments.

4. How does the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% compare to other substances?

The specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% is relatively close to that of pure water, which has a specific heat of 1 calorie per gram per degree Celsius (cal/g°C). This means that Normal Saline 0.9% is able to absorb and release a similar amount of heat as water.

5. Can the specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% change?

The specific heat of Normal Saline 0.9% may vary slightly depending on the temperature and composition of the solution. However, it remains relatively constant under normal conditions and can be considered a constant value for practical purposes.