Where Can I Find Thevenin's Historical Electrical Engineering Papers?

• Thread starter Asim Qayyum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Papers
In summary, L. Thevenin's papers "Extension of Ohm’s law to complex electromotive circuits" and "On a new theorem of dynamic electricity" can be found at the links provided, although it seems that the first paper may not be available. "On a new theorem of dynamic electricity" was published in Annales Telegraphiques, and a scanned version can be found on Google Books. However, it is only a brief note rather than a technical paper.
Asim Qayyum
Hello! Where can I get the following papers by L. Thevenin?

- "Extension of Ohm’s law to complex electromotive circuits" [original: "Extension de la loi d’Ohm aux circuits électromoteurs complexes"]

and

- "On a new theorem of dynamic electricity" [original: "Sur un nouveau théorème d'électricité dynamique"]

I have spent a lot of time googling these papers, but couldn't find them. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Or if anyone has these papers, he/she is requested to please upload scanned version.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Asim Qayyum said:

- "Extension of Ohm’s law to complex electromotive circuits" [original: "Extension de la loi d’Ohm aux circuits électromoteurs complexes"]
That one doesn't seem to be available, but
Asim Qayyum said:
- "On a new theorem of dynamic electricity" [original: "Sur un nouveau théorème d'électricité dynamique"]
can be found at:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bp...ptes rendus de l'Académie des sciences.langEN

Asim Qayyum said:

This paper was published in Annales Telegraphiques, 3. Series, 10:222-224, 1883

If you know someone in Paris, perhaps ...

Quelle frommage!

Here is a link to the paper on Google Books:

http://books.google.com/books?id=sh...aux circuits électromoteurs_complexes&f=false

I can't read French, but it's more of a brief note from Thevenin rather than a technical paper.
It's only about 2 and half small pages long.

Likes MarcoCiafa

1. What is Thevenin's theorem and why is it important?

Thevenin's theorem is a fundamental concept in circuit theory that allows us to simplify complex electrical circuits into an equivalent single voltage source and a single series resistor. This makes it easier to analyze and design circuits. It is important because it provides a powerful tool for solving real-world problems in electrical engineering.

2. Who is Thevenin and when did he publish his papers on the theorem?

Leon Charles Thevenin was a French telegraph engineer who first published his papers on the theorem in 1883. He presented his work on the equivalent circuit theorem to the French Academy of Sciences in Paris.

3. How did Thevenin come up with his theorem?

Thevenin's theorem is based on the principle of superposition, which states that the total response of a linear circuit is the sum of the individual responses of its components. He used this principle to develop his theorem, which is now widely used in circuit analysis and design.

4. Are Thevenin's papers still relevant today?

Yes, Thevenin's papers are still relevant today as his theorem is a fundamental concept in circuit theory and is used in various applications in electrical engineering. It is also the basis for other important theorems, such as Norton's theorem, which further simplifies circuit analysis.

5. Where can I find Thevenin's original papers on his theorem?

Thevenin's original papers on his theorem can be found in the Bulletin de la Société d'Encouragement pour l'Industrie Nationale, a scientific journal published in Paris. They are also available online through various academic databases and libraries.