Powering a micropump

by pekpek
Tags: micropump, powering
Share this thread:
pekpek
Apr28-14, 12:10 AM
P: 2
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how to power a micropump system that requires 100 volts. I looked at some current micro batteries, and their voltages range between 2 - 4 volts.

I am confused on how to provide enough power. Do I just use several batteries in series or use a voltage multiplier or both? Is there a more efficient way to power this type of device? The system I am trying to create is similar in dimension to a pacemaker.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Comfortable climate indoors with porous glass
Crash-testing rivets
Customized surface inspection
davenn
Apr28-14, 12:48 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,515
hi
welcome to PF

a micropump that requires 100V ?

have you go a link to the datasheet for your particular pump ?

cheers
Dave
pekpek
Apr28-14, 01:02 AM
P: 2
Thanks, Dave. It is a piezoelectric pump that we created using CAD. I don't have a datasheet for the pump.

berkeman
Apr28-14, 10:22 AM
Mentor
P: 40,740
Powering a micropump

Quote Quote by pekpek View Post
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out how to power a micropump system that requires 100 volts. I looked at some current micro batteries, and their voltages range between 2 - 4 volts.

I am confused on how to provide enough power. Do I just use several batteries in series or use a voltage multiplier or both? Is there a more efficient way to power this type of device? The system I am trying to create is similar in dimension to a pacemaker.
Thanks, Dave. It is a piezoelectric pump that we created using CAD. I don't have a datasheet for the pump.
What is the application? What are the specs you are trying to achieve with your micropump?
russ_watters
Apr28-14, 11:32 AM
Mentor
P: 22,252
Then how did you arrive at the requirement of 100V?

Edit; wait, did you pick/calculate it yourself based on the amount you want your material to deflect?
Baluncore
Apr29-14, 02:41 AM
Sci Advisor
Thanks
P: 1,790
Quote Quote by pekpek
I am confused on how to provide enough power.
Voltage is not power. How many watts? How much current flow do you need at 100V?

Register to reply