Staples binds, but who prints?

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for printing and binding services for a large number of pages. Suggestions are made for places such as Kinkos and Staples for these services. The conversation ends with a positive experience at Staples.
heartless
Hello everyone...
Several months ago, I posted a question on where to bind lots of papers, but now, since I'm not in school, I'd also need some informations on where to print a lot, like 20-200 (or more) pages. There are many internetn cafes, but these guys charge 50c a page, I can do it much cheaper at home, but it still isn't it. Printing 100 pages at home isn't fun. Paper and ink. Does anyone know some kind of printing company or similar one, to handle my needs?

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
heartless said:
Hello everyone...
Several months ago, I posted a question on where to bind lots of papers, but now, since I'm not in school, I'd also need some informations on where to print a lot, like 20-200 (or more) pages. There are many internetn cafes, but these guys charge 50c a page, I can do it much cheaper at home, but it still isn't it. Printing 100 pages at home isn't fun. Paper and ink. Does anyone know some kind of printing company or similar one, to handle my needs?

Thanks,

Have you tried Kinkos? I think they are now called FedExKinkos.
http://www.fedex.com/us/officeprint/main/

Boy, are we posting the same stuff at the same time or what?

Gokul43201 said:
Boy, are we posting the same stuff at the same time or what?
:rofl: :rofl:

Staples will print stuff out. That's where I go for printing and binding. I print 200 pages or more. Nothing big to them I guess.

Umm... they never questionned whether or not it was legal either.

That would be just amazingly good If I could print stuff out at staples. I'm leaving for a bookstore soon, so I'll visit staples and ask for that.
JasonRox, and how was printing there?

Thanks everyone for replies, I'm having fun with fedexkingong right now.

heartless said:
That would be just amazingly good If I could print stuff out at staples. I'm leaving for a bookstore soon, so I'll visit staples and ask for that.
JasonRox, and how was printing there?

Thanks everyone for replies, I'm having fun with fedexkingong right now.

It was fine. You simply put it on a floppy disc or something and they just print it out. It was a smooth transaction for me. I hope the same goes for you.

1. What is the difference between binding and printing at Staples?

Binding refers to the process of securing loose pages together using a variety of methods such as staples, spiral binding, or glue. Printing, on the other hand, refers to the act of producing physical copies of a document or image. At Staples, binding and printing are two separate services that can be used together or individually.

2. How much does it cost to bind and print at Staples?

The cost of binding and printing at Staples depends on several factors, including the type of binding method, number of pages, and paper quality. Generally, binding can range from $2 to $10, while printing can range from $0.10 to $0.50 per page. It is best to visit your local Staples store or their website to get an accurate quote for your specific project.

3. Can I bring my own paper to be printed and bound at Staples?

Yes, Staples allows customers to bring their own paper for printing and binding. However, it is important to note that not all binding methods may work with certain types of paper. It is best to consult with a Staples associate to ensure that your paper is compatible with the binding method you desire.

4. How long does it take for Staples to bind and print my documents?

The turnaround time for binding and printing at Staples can vary depending on the size and complexity of your project, as well as the current workload at the store. Typically, binding can be done within a few hours, while printing can be completed within the same day or the next day.

5. Can I request a specific type of binding at Staples?

Yes, Staples offers a variety of binding options such as comb binding, coil binding, and thermal binding. Customers can also request a specific type of binding, such as a specific color of coil or a certain size of comb. However, it is best to check with your local Staples store to see which binding options they offer.