What are the open questions in physics?

• Thread starter bchui
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, there is a website called "Open Questions in Physics" that lists unsolved problems in different topics of physics. The person suggests setting up a column with a full list of these problems, while also sharing a personal anecdote about thinking of similar things after a breakup. Another person comments on the sheer number of questions on the list.
bchui
I suggest we set up a column with a full list of unsolved problems in different topics of physics, what do you think? :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm..I think most unsolved problems in physics haven't been formulated yet. :smile:

bchui said:
I suggest we set up a column with a full list of unsolved problems in different topics of physics, what do you think? :smile:
I used to think of things like this when I broke up with a girl - actually it was she who dumped me. :rofl:

What are the unsolved problems in physics?

The unsolved problems in physics refer to the unanswered questions or mysteries in the field of physics that have yet to be fully explained or solved. These problems often require further research and experimentation to find a definitive answer.

Why are some problems in physics considered unsolved?

Some problems in physics are considered unsolved because they have not been fully explained or solved using current scientific knowledge and technology. These problems may also require a significant amount of time and resources to solve, making them difficult to address.

How do scientists approach solving unsolved problems in physics?

Scientists approach solving unsolved problems in physics by using the scientific method, which involves making observations, forming hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data. They also collaborate with other scientists and use advanced technologies to aid in their research.

What are some examples of unsolved problems in physics?

Some examples of unsolved problems in physics include the nature of dark matter and dark energy, the unification of general relativity and quantum mechanics, the origin of the universe, and the existence of parallel universes.

Why is it important to continue studying unsolved problems in physics?

Continuing to study unsolved problems in physics is important because it allows us to further understand the laws and principles that govern the universe. It also leads to advancements in technology and can have significant impacts on our daily lives.