Why does my post count remain at zero

• Thread starter LightbulbSun
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the discrepancy in post count on a forum account and how it is not as important as the quality of posts. It is clarified that posts in certain forums do not contribute to the count, but consistent quality posts can lead to rewards such as ribbons. The conversation ends with the individual expressing their interest in science and gratitude for being part of the community.
LightbulbSun
Why does my post count remain at zero...

...when I've clearly made several posts under this account already?

Physics news on Phys.org
Posts in General Discussion don't contribute to your post count

Posts in GD and Politics & World Affairs Forums do not count - since they are not Math and Science - but posting in Forum Feedback does - so you now have 1 post.

Thanks, that clears up all of my confusion haha. By the way, nice blog entries Astronuc.

Post count isn't as important here as it is in some other forums. We don't rate members based on post count. It's quality over quantity here. :smile:

We *do* reward members with a track record of consistant quality posts. These members will have ribbons such as "science advisor" and "homework helper".

Evo said:
Post count isn't as important here as it is in some other forums. We don't rate members based on post count. It's quality over quantity here. :smile:

We *do* reward members with a track record of consistant quality posts. These members will have ribbons such as "science advisor" and "homework helper".

Haha well I'm nowhere near close to getting one of those ribbons, but science is of my interest which is why I'm glad I found this community. :smile: I thank you for welcoming me in.

If it is quality over quantity, I must be in trouble...

1. Why is my post count showing as zero despite posting?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that your posts are being flagged as spam by the system and therefore not being counted. Another possibility is that there is a delay in the system updating your post count.

2. Is my post count affected by the platform I am using?

Yes, your post count can be affected by the platform you are using. Some platforms may have stricter filters and may flag your posts as spam, resulting in a zero post count. It is always a good idea to check the platform's guidelines and make sure your posts comply with them.

3. Can I increase my post count by reposting the same content?

No, reposting the same content multiple times will not increase your post count. The system only counts unique posts and reposting the same content will not be considered as a new post.

4. How often is the post count updated?

The post count is typically updated in real-time. However, there may be instances where there is a delay in the system updating your post count. If you notice a significant delay, it is best to reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.

5. Can I lose my post count if my posts are deleted?

Yes, if your posts are deleted by either the platform or yourself, your post count will decrease accordingly. This is because the system only counts active and approved posts, and deleting them will result in a decrease in your post count.