Why is newest member not welcomed anymore?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the disappearance of member stats on the front page after a forum upgrade. Some members have noticed it while others still see it, depending on the skin they are using. The topic then shifts to questioning why certain moderators may not perform their tasks, with some members suggesting it may be due to a change in moderation style after the forum upgrade. One moderator apologizes for not informing a member of a decision regarding a specific situation.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Or is he? I don't find it any longer..

Physics news on Phys.org
shhhhh...
(we're out of fish.)

If they can't have bread (or fish), why can't they have cake? :confused:

Good question. Maybe because these threads would over-flood the forum.

(Or maybe it's just because of what MIH says. :wink:)

I hadn't noticed that had disappeared. I'm trying to remember if the last time I saw that was before or after the upgrade. You mean on the front page where the member stats are shown, right?

Moonbear said:
I hadn't noticed that had disappeared. I'm trying to remember if the last time I saw that was before or after the upgrade. You mean on the front page where the member stats are shown, right?
Yep, that's when they disappeared. I'd like to see them back.

I still see it, I am using the Nexus skin.

Yep, still in Nexus.

Moonbear said:
I thought I saw that just recently, when Ivan started the last "gazillionth member" thread.

I have also one question :Certain PF moderators don't to do their tasks (even if they are PM-ed what to do).Why?

Last edited:
tehno said:
I have also one question :Certain PF moderators don't to do their tasks (even if they are PM-ed what to do).Why?
Pre-update, a public whipping was the norm.

Now, I think Greg has turned liberal&leftist..:frown:

tehno said:
They may decide that the action is not appropriate or needed. Which the last pm you sent fell under that scenario, I apologize if I forgot to tell you of the decision.

1. Why is the newest member not welcomed anymore?

There could be various reasons why the newest member is not welcomed anymore. It could be due to a lack of fit with the team, conflicts with other members, or not meeting the expectations of the group.

2. Is there a specific reason why the newest member is not being accepted?

The reason for the newest member not being accepted may vary depending on the situation. It could be due to personality clashes, differences in work ethic or communication style, or simply a lack of chemistry with the rest of the team.

3. How can we make the newest member feel more welcomed?

To make the newest member feel more welcomed, it is important to communicate openly and inclusively with them. Provide opportunities for them to get to know the rest of the team, involve them in decision-making processes, and address any issues that may be causing them to feel unwelcome.

4. What can be done to improve the team's dynamics and make the newest member feel like a part of the team?

Improving team dynamics and making the newest member feel like a part of the team can involve team-building activities, regular check-ins to ensure everyone's needs are being met, and addressing any conflicts or issues that may be hindering the group's cohesion.

5. Should the newest member be given a chance to prove themselves before being rejected by the team?

It is important to give the newest member a fair chance to prove themselves before being rejected by the team. However, if there are significant issues or conflicts that cannot be resolved, it may be best for both the team and the newest member to part ways.