How can I design a GearBox with specific inputs from my company?

• Thread starter amit.cadengg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, the person is looking for someone to help them design a 15HP GearBox for their company. They do not have experience in calculation and are only working on CAD projects. The company has provided inputs of 15hp, ratio of 1:3, 2:1, 1:4, and is requesting for the module, face width, shaft diameter, and bearing selection. They also provide their email for further communication and have been given links for resources on gear, shaft, and bearing design. They are asking for someone to help them with this task.
amit.cadengg
hello everyone I really searching a person who can help me out from these problem that My company [where m working] ordered me to design a GearBox of '15HP' But i don't have any experience in calculation m just working on cad projects company give me following inputs
15hp of Gear Box
Ratio is:-1:3, 2:1, 1:4
& They want
Module ?
Face Width ?
Shaft Dia ?
Bearing Selection ?

Thanks in advance:smile:
please mail me also
amit.kmr@live.com

Engineering news on Phys.org
Start here for gear & gearbox design: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Drive/Gears_Gearboxes.html"

Start here for shaft design: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Drive/Shaft_design.html"

Start here for bearing design: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Drive/Bearings.html"

Hope you like a challenge!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx u so much for replying m searching the contents....thanx again

can anyone please do this circulations for me ...thnks

Hello, I would be happy to assist you with designing a GearBox. To start, I would recommend researching the basics of GearBox design and familiarizing yourself with the different types of gears and their functions. You can also consult with colleagues or other experts in the field for guidance and advice. As for the specific inputs your company has provided, here are some suggestions:

1. Module: This refers to the size of the gear teeth. It is usually expressed in millimeters and is determined based on the power and speed requirements of the GearBox. Since you have a 15HP GearBox, I would suggest a module of 4 or 5 mm.

2. Face Width: This is the width of the gear teeth. It is important to consider the torque and power requirements when determining the face width. A general rule of thumb is to make the face width equal to the module size.

3. Shaft Diameter: This will depend on the type of gears you choose and the load requirements. It is important to consider the strength and stability of the shaft when selecting a diameter. You can use online calculators or equations to determine the appropriate diameter based on the input power and speed.

4. Bearing Selection: This will also depend on the type of gears and the load requirements. It is important to choose bearings that can handle the forces and speeds involved in the GearBox. You can consult with a bearing manufacturer or use online resources to select the appropriate bearings.

I would also recommend creating a detailed design and performing simulations to ensure the GearBox will function properly and meet the desired specifications. Good luck with your project and feel free to reach out for further assistance.

What is a Gearbox and why is it important?

A Gearbox is a mechanical device used to transmit power from one component to another through a series of gears. It is important because it allows for the efficient transfer of power and torque from a motor to a driven component, allowing for controlled speed and direction.

How do I determine the gear ratio for my Gearbox?

The gear ratio is determined by dividing the number of teeth on the driven gear by the number of teeth on the driving gear. For example, if the driven gear has 20 teeth and the driving gear has 10 teeth, the gear ratio would be 2:1.

What factors should I consider when designing a Gearbox?

There are several factors to consider when designing a Gearbox, including the required output torque, speed and direction, the type of gears to be used, the material and manufacturing process, and the size and weight of the Gearbox.

Can I use different types of gears in a Gearbox?

Yes, different types of gears can be used in a Gearbox depending on the specific application. The most common types of gears used in Gearboxes include spur, helical, bevel, and worm gears.

How can I ensure the reliability and durability of my Gearbox?

To ensure the reliability and durability of a Gearbox, it is important to carefully select high-quality materials, properly lubricate the gears, and regularly perform maintenance checks. It is also crucial to properly design and test the Gearbox to ensure it can withstand the required load and operating conditions.