Disclosure Project by Steven M. Greer: Reliability?

• Thread starter eyesoftruth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the Disclosure Project by Steven M. Greer aims to expose information about extraterrestrial life and advanced energy technologies through testimonies from high-level government and military officials. The reliability of the project has been called into question due to lack of concrete evidence and the controversial background of its founder, Steven M. Greer. While some view the project as a valuable source of information, others criticize it as being based on speculation and conspiracy theories. Overall, the reliability of the Disclosure Project remains a subject of debate.
FlexGunship said:
Um... wrong?

The relative speed to either observer is no more than 1c - iota.

v = (w-u)/(1 - wu/c^2)

Solving for v you get 0.88c for their relative velocity.

Did not know that.

So when two cars travel at each other at 30mph and collide it isn't the same as a car doing 60mph hitting a stationary one? Or is it special for things in space? Or have I just missed the point completely?

Physics news on Phys.org
jarednjames said:
Did not know that.

So when two cars travel at each other at 30mph and collide it isn't the same as a car doing 60mph hitting a stationary one? Or is it special for things in space? Or have I just missed the point completely?

I'm afraid you've missed it entirely. It has no direct bearing on energy in the system (i.e. collision). And it has nothing to do with "things in space."

Solve it for a 30mph head-on collision.

w = 30mph
u= -30mph

Numerator: (w-u) = 60mph

Denominator Step 1: x = (wu/c^2) = (-900/4.49726663 × 10^17) = -2.00121557 × 10^-15

Denominator Step 2: (1 - x) = (1 + (2.00121557 × 10^-15)) = 1.000000000000002

Total: v = (num/den) --> v = 60mph/1.000000000000002 = ~60mph

The effects are only obvious at relativistic speeds (i.e. in particle colliders).

EDIT: Closing thought: Any observer at constant velocity can claim he is at rest and declare himself as the frame of reference. If he were traveling at 0.99c and he claimed to be at rest, he would never see anything approach him faster than c.

FlexGunship said:
I'm afraid you've missed it entirely. It has no direct bearing on energy in the system (i.e. collision). And it has nothing to do with "things in space."

Actually I was referring to the speed at the 'contact' point, didn't mean as in a physical collision.

I see what you mean now. Did not know that, rather interesting.

There's my 'something new' for the day.

jarednjames said:
The SR-71 cruising at high altitude/speed experiences it, just not to a great extent. I believe they did an experiment to show it with atomic clocks.

As do I, sitting in my office chair as I spin anchored to the Earth below me at roughly 800 mph. And that's just from velocity. There's also the dilation associated with being in Earth's gravity well.

The GPS system must account for both of these, not to mention their own time dilations associated with the satellites' velocities and different position within the gravity field.

A persons credibility is risk-proportionate to what levels of fiscal and/or emotional stress they might not endure so well as they age.
But also don't ever discount a pilot's sense of humor or daring and ever the twain where those two qualities meet.
Piloting an airplane allows mostly lots of boredom and plenty of free time to willfully cultivate the imagination of an extremely disciplined mind.
I am convinced that everything Gordo Cooper said was all just for his own sense of fun, to see how
many people he could get to believe it and still keep an absolutely straight face. But on the other hand, it may be likely that Ed Mitchell got a little closer to some cosmic ray damage than other astronauts.
I know a few pilots that if you said to them 'do you want to go on some tour and on Larry King to talk a lot of hooey about how you really saw flying saucers?" they would do it for free and pay for all their own
expenses. Remember folks - retirement can get mighty dull.

I've forgotten what this thread was about. I don't know whether what you've said is relevant or not.

jarednjames said:
I've forgotten what this thread was about. I don't know whether what you've said is relevant or not.

Ex-military guys going around talking about interesting encounters as part of the push for disclosure of documented evidence of otherworldly being's existence and visitation to Earth?

http://www.disclosureproject.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, righto. Good stuff.

I just watched an episode of "Ancient Aliens", in which Sgt Jim Penniston makes a new claim that he had seen a vision of binary code when he touched the UFO at Rendelsham Forrest in 1980. He claims the vision had haunted him for years, and he wrote down the code in a notebook. Now something like 30 years later, he had the code deciphered by an expert, and the code says something like, "exploration of humanity for planetary advancement".

I thought it is kind of odd he would save this story for 2010. He has never mentioned seeing this vision when touching the UFO until now. Here is part of an older interview he did.

WHEN YOU TOUCHED THESE SYMBOLS WITH YOUR HAND, DID YOU GET ANY
IMAGES IN YOUR MIND?

No. But I did have a sensation. The fabric of the craft was
warmer than the air temperature. The air temperature that night
was around 31 or 32 Fahrenheit. The craft was quite a bit
warmer.

http://www.hyper.net/ufo/vs/m18-020.html

I have to say, there is something fishy about this, and it makes all Rendelsham Forrest UFO claims highly suspect. Whatever happened at Rendelsham Forrest in 1980, I think this guy is full of B.S.

Last edited:
jreelawg said:
I have to say, there is something fishy about this, and it makes all Rendelsham Forrest UFO claims highly suspect. Whatever happened at Rendelsham Forrest in 1980, I think this guy is full of B.S.

It does sound like he's joking: "it was warmer than the (32 degree) air"

jreelawg said:
I just watched an episode of "Ancient Aliens", in which Sgt Jim Penniston makes a new claim that he had seen a vision of binary code when he touched the UFO at Rendelsham Forrest in 1980. He claims the vision had haunted him for years, and he wrote down the code in a notebook. Now something like 30 years later, he had the code deciphered by an expert, and the code says something like, "exploration of humanity for planetary advancement".

I thought it is kind of odd he would save this story for 2010. He has never mentioned seeing this vision when touching the UFO until now. Here is part of an older interview he did.

http://www.hyper.net/ufo/vs/m18-020.html

The alleged notenbook isn't news but this bit about binary sure is. Also, unlike the official report filed by Halt, I believe the notebook was first seen long after the alleged events. Imo, Penniston's story has a tendency to evolve over time, and significantly so. Are you sure that HE actually made this claim?

There is another guy from this group who is way out there. He talks about seeing aliens.

Halt has never confirmed either of those stories. This took place over two or three nights [I forget] and Halt was only present once. He clearly doesn't believe the ET claims made by the one soldier. The only official information is contained in the original report by Halt, and in the files found at the MOD [Ministry of Defense in the UK].

Last edited: