If you could change a single historical event

In summary, there are a few things that I would change about the present. I would delete Christianity because it causes a lot of negative effects in the world, and I would delete Caesar because he was responsible for a lot of the problems in the world.
Evo said:
Even though the Op used religion as an example, let's stay away from religion as people tend to get upset if their beliefs are challenged.

VERY good idea.
My only contention is that all organized religion is obsolete by now.

P.s. I think the Dino idea was the most someone has gone back in time. And most people never even go back ealier than the 1900s.
I wonder if it's bacause they think they have a better idea of what will happen with recent-er events or it simply didn't occur to them there was history before that too. :P

Physics news on Phys.org
martix said:
P.s. I think the Dino idea was the most someone has gone back in time. And most people never even go back ealier than the 1900s.
I wonder if it's bacause they think they have a better idea of what will happen with recent-er events or it simply didn't occur to them there was history before that too. :P

Or perhaps most just don't care enough to really think about it since this isn't possible.

The day, back in the middle ages, when islam scientists and philosophers stopped working because somebody decided to decret sciences the 'devil's work'... We could be traveling between galaxies by now if they continued working throughout the last 1000 years.

martix said:
Perhaps because changing the Earth's environment before humans appeared might mean there never would be humans.

<h2>What is the most common historical event that people want to change?</h2><p>The most common historical event that people want to change is the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963.</p><h2>Why do people want to change this event?</h2><p>People want to change this event because it had a significant impact on American history and many believe that it could have been prevented.</p><h2>What are some proposed changes to this event?</h2><p>Some proposed changes to this event include increasing security measures, altering the route of the motorcade, or preventing Lee Harvey Oswald from obtaining a gun.</p><h2>How might changing this event affect the course of history?</h2><p>Changing this event could potentially alter the course of history in terms of political decisions, foreign relations, and cultural changes.</p><h2>Is it possible to change a single historical event?</h2><p>No, it is not possible to change a single historical event as it has already happened and cannot be undone. However, we can learn from past events and use them to shape the future.</p>

What is the most common historical event that people want to change?

The most common historical event that people want to change is the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963.

Why do people want to change this event?

People want to change this event because it had a significant impact on American history and many believe that it could have been prevented.

What are some proposed changes to this event?

Some proposed changes to this event include increasing security measures, altering the route of the motorcade, or preventing Lee Harvey Oswald from obtaining a gun.

How might changing this event affect the course of history?

Changing this event could potentially alter the course of history in terms of political decisions, foreign relations, and cultural changes.

Is it possible to change a single historical event?

No, it is not possible to change a single historical event as it has already happened and cannot be undone. However, we can learn from past events and use them to shape the future.