Understanding Quark-Gluon Interactions: Deciphering Feynman Diagrams

In summary, The speaker is new to the forum but plans to use it more to help finish their diploma faster. They have been studying about quark color changes, quark interactions, and gluons. They are confused about the laws that determine which gluon is emitted in a Feynman diagram and how to interpret the numbers in the diagrams. They also mention the idea of color flow in the diagrams.
NUKE1989
Hi all. I am new here but i decided to work a bit more and finish my diploma faster so i think i will use this forum more from now on.

I was studing about quark color changes, quark interactions, gluons and generally the strong force. As i saw the Feynman diagrams i felt a bit confused.

What are the laws in order to know which gluon is emmited each time? For example in my first pic why is this a green-antiblue gluon and not a blue-antigreen?

In the second picture how do i know its 1/√6(RR+GG-2BB) and not 1/√2 (RR+BB) for example?

And in the knots again how do i found those numbers?

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• gluon.gif
    gluon.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 768
  • gluon2.jpg
    gluon2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 814
Physics news on Phys.org
The color should flow, so in the first the blue antiparticle is like an antiblue particle. And the green just flows forward.

1. What are Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams?

Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams are a graphical representation of the interactions between quarks and gluons, which are the building blocks of protons and neutrons. They are used in particle physics to visualize and calculate the probability of particle interactions.

2. How are Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams helpful in understanding particle interactions?

Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams provide a visual representation of the complex interactions between particles, making it easier to understand and calculate the probability of these interactions. They also help in making predictions about the behavior of particles in high-energy collisions.

3. What are the main components of a Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagram?

The main components of a Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagram are lines representing fermions (such as quarks and leptons), wavy lines representing bosons (such as gluons), and vertices representing the points of interaction between particles.

4. How are Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams used in the study of the strong nuclear force?

Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams are used to study the strong nuclear force, also known as the strong interaction, which is responsible for holding quarks together to form protons and neutrons. By analyzing the interactions between quarks and gluons, scientists can better understand the behavior of this force.

5. What is the role of Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams in the Standard Model of particle physics?

In the Standard Model of particle physics, Quark-Gluon Feynman Diagrams are used to illustrate the interactions between the fundamental particles and the four fundamental forces (strong, weak, electromagnetic, and gravitational). They are an essential tool for predicting and understanding the behavior of particles in the framework of the Standard Model.