PF Support Chat - Live Chat & Forum Questions

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the chat support popup is a trial option that is only for administrative or forum questions. The image for the chat icon can be changed, and is used by different sites.
Some of you may have seen me experimenting with a live chat support popup a few hours ago. I've since put the support option as a button on the homepage and on the contact us page. This should be use for administrative support or forum questions only. I'm on several hours a day, but can't guarantee any specific times. This support option is on a trial basis.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice!

Are you able to change the picture/avatar of the chat icon? I'm not sure what it says during regular hours, but right now it says, "Leave a Message" and has a picture of a man who I swear I've seen before (being used for a similar purpose). I think it would be cool to put a picture of yourself, or maybe a famous scientist or something.

Dembadon said:
has a picture of a man who I swear I've seen before (being used for a similar purpose). I think it would be cool to put a picture of yourself, or maybe a famous scientist or something.
Probably in some teeth-whitening add :biggrin: I rather see the furry little creature.

Dembadon said:
Nice!

Are you able to change the picture/avatar of the chat icon? I'm not sure what it says during regular hours, but right now it says, "Leave a Message" and has a picture of a man who I swear I've seen before (being used for a similar purpose). I think it would be cool to put a picture of yourself, or maybe a famous scientist or something.

Its used by these sites:

1.Rekindling - Rehab Luton Home
2www.bigcontacts.com/bigcontacts2
3Storm Group- llC # BC667571 | Storm Group
4.soul.juwai.com/residences/
5.Albaonline Website Development and SEO Experts, Website package Gold Coast, Web Design Brisbane
6. twweonline.tumblr.com/
7.Contactos - easyCloud Portugal
8.Clinicas de recuperação dependentes químicos 9.
10.انجمن تخصصی وب هاستینگ ایران
11.add-list.ir/index.php?page=6‎
End of list
(Google search :uhh:)

Dembadon said:
Nice!

If the support becomes worthwhile I'll change the graphic. At the moment it's a stock photo the software company provides. I'm using LiveChat. It's a very popular live chat support software. I'll keep the service up for a month and determine if I want to continue with it.

I also vote to change the graphic, the guy looks just a tad too cheesy.

Such a stock photo doesn't make me want to request support, quite the opposite.

Monique said:
Such a stock photo doesn't make me want to request support, quite the opposite.
True. The guy looks like a psychopath, IMO.

turbo said:
True. The guy looks like a psychopath, IMO.

lol what if that really was a photo of me

Greg Bernhardt said:
Then I would say "Nice psychopath. Please don't come to Maine." :eek:

Greg Bernhardt said:
:rofl:

I suggest grumpy cat.

Evo said:
:rofl:

I suggest grumpy cat.

Or a prairie dog.

prarie-dog-tech-support.jpg

lisab said:
Or a prairie dog.

prarie-dog-tech-support.jpg
Oh, Praire dog looks very professional. Prairie dog it is!

Maybe you could put an 'open' icon when you are online and ready to deal with requests live.

StevieTNZ said:
Maybe you could put an 'open' icon when you are online and ready to deal with requests live.

The icon does change when I am offline.

It lasted two days? Was there anything specific that made you end it so fast?

Office_Shredder said:
It lasted two days? Was there anything specific that made you end it so fast?

Got a lot of quick hang ups. No real support given. Not worth it especially if it's a paid service.

What is PF Support Chat?

PF Support Chat is a live chat and forum platform that provides support and resources for individuals affected by pulmonary fibrosis (PF). It allows users to connect with others who have PF, ask questions, and share information and experiences.

How do I join PF Support Chat?

To join PF Support Chat, simply visit the website and click on the "Join Now" button. You will be asked to create a username and password, and then you can start participating in the live chat and forum discussions.

Is PF Support Chat only for individuals with PF?

No, PF Support Chat is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about PF or supporting those who have the condition. This includes family members, caregivers, healthcare professionals, and researchers.

Is there a cost to use PF Support Chat?

No, PF Support Chat is completely free to use. We are a non-profit organization and rely on donations to keep our platform running.

How can I contribute to PF Support Chat?

There are several ways to contribute to PF Support Chat. You can share your own experiences and knowledge in the live chat and forum discussions, offer support and advice to others, and help spread awareness about PF by sharing our platform with others. Additionally, you can donate to our organization to help us continue providing resources and support to those affected by PF.