Troubleshooting Slow DVD Copying with LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-Raw Driver

• Thread starter hagopbul
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker purchased a new LG DVD-raw drive and is experiencing slow burning speeds when trying to copy DVDs on their computer with 256 MB of RAM. They mention using Nero Es software and compare the performance to another computer with higher specs, which has faster burning speeds. They ask for help and suggest trying a freeware DVD burner software for low memory.
hagopbul
i purchased a new LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver today but i have a big problem and it is like this :

my computer specification is like this : 1) CPU celeron 2000 MHz
2) ram 256 MB
3) 20 GByte hard disk
4) win xp sp2
5)nero Es
this DVD write can copy CD easily (in 5-15min)
but when i try copying any DVD its takes about (67 hour,03 Minuit ,40 SEC):confused::grumpy::mad:

but on another PC [cpu:2.400,ram:750mb,hard disk:40 GB,win xp sp2,nero Es
] it takes only 15 min and i am getting crazy because of this... :cry:

so please help meeeeeeeeee:smile:

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org

You only have 256 MB of memory and you are running XP? I didn't think that was possible. You probably are having to use nothing but virtual memory which is slow in comparison to RAM. The other thing you don't mention are the particulars of the DVD burner on both machines. What are their respective write speeds?

FredGarvin said:
You only have 256 MB of memory and you are running XP? I didn't think that was possible. You probably are having to use nothing but virtual memory which is slow in comparison to RAM. The other thing you don't mention are the particulars of the DVD burner on both machines. What are their respective write speeds?

I've run XP on machines with as little as 128Mb of ram (just testing hardware). Given, it was slow as all get out, but it functioned. You're probably right about the low amount of RAM causing the slow down. RAM gets gobbled up when your burning DVDs. If the RAM get tapped out and starts to encroach on virtual memory, it can slow down the system to a crawl.

1. What is an LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver?

An LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver is a software program that allows your computer to communicate with and control an LG DVD drive that uses the ATA or IDE interface. This driver is necessary for your computer to recognize and use the DVD drive.

2. How do I install the LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver?

The LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver should be included in the installation disc that came with your DVD drive. You can also download the driver from the LG website. Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions provided by LG to properly install the driver.

3. Can I use the LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver on any operating system?

No, the LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver is designed to work with specific operating systems. You should check the system requirements for the driver before installing it to ensure compatibility with your computer's operating system.

4. What are the benefits of using the LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver?

The LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver allows your computer to fully utilize the capabilities of your LG DVD drive. This includes faster data transfer speeds and improved performance when reading and writing data to the DVD drive.

5. Can I update the LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver?

Yes, it is recommended to regularly check for updates for your LG (ATA,IDE) DVD-raw driver. These updates may include bug fixes, performance improvements, and support for new features. You can check for updates on the LG website or through your computer's device manager.

Back